Weekend getaways

Hey there

As Covid is still hitting us i was wondering if you guys have any recommendation for cool weekend getaways? I am looking for kind of cool hotels, preferably near a lake (have never been to lac leman as example) or more towards ticino…

So any tipps or hotel recommendations are warmly welcome :slight_smile: maybe we could also start a list of recommended hotels etc…

Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m currently staying at Hotel Collinetta in Ascona (TI) and it’s pretty cool. It has an indoor heated pool, small private beach at the lake, large gardens with long chairs just in front of Lago Maggiore where you can chill and get some ice cream while watching the boats go by. I’ll be sure to keep this reference for the future.

3 Likes

Wasn’t Ticino overrun with people this Easter?

1 Like

I read that yesterday. We don’t like crowded places anyway, so we tend to go for hiking or parks with less people. So it wasn’t crowded for us. Maybe in places like lakeside Lugano, yes.

If you’re willing to spend hotel money, you could also get a rustico appartement :slight_smile:

For example, this rustico house in the smallest municipality of switzerland for ~150CHF a night (3
nights minimum stay):
Rustico Buon Riposo casa Biancaneve - Chalets zur Miete in Corippo, Tessin, Schweiz (airbnb.ch)

If you’re willing to spend the money and you want to stay in Ticino, I can recommend either one of these:

https://www.villaorselina.ch/en

Our yearly Ascona getaway hotel:

1 Like