VoIP provider with good termination rates for EU calls?

Plans with international calling are too rich for my blood, I prefer to buy the Groundwire app (10.-) and call using my data and VoIP. It also is much cheaper when roaming as you only need roaming data. I use VoIP.ms and it’s pretty good for US and Canada calls (1/2 cent a minute) but they’re not so good for EU rates.

What’s the VoIP.ms of Europe?

I use JustVoip (combined with its mobile App, MobileVoip) and it used to work pretty well to me. I say it “it used to work” because since 2 years I changed jobs and theoretically need to be available 24/7, with clients all around the world, so my employer pays the phone bill (calls and data) without asking questions (they have a deal with Swisscom), so I haven’t used Justvoip that much lately.

Thanks, I’ve used Dellmont’s many many many resellers in the past but always found the call quality lacking and there were always issues with caller id. glad to hear you didn’t have issues with them but I’m hesitant to use them again.

1 Like

Hi folks, slightly OT… do you get a phone nr. where you can receive SMS/2FA with these providers?

I’m having the opposite problem of needing to keep “alive” two foreign phone numbers without any use, just for banking authentication… and it’s really an hassle.

Thanks!

VoIP.ms lets you port existing DIDs and keep them for a low monthly fee. But I don’t think they do every country in the world, just a select few. Otherwise twilio can most likely do what you need but I don’t know how much it costs and if it makes sense in your situation.

1 Like

I just bumped into this discussion. Several years ago, I used Voip Buster… It an old online voip service. From Switzerland for most of Europe’s landlines is 0,017 - 0,022 eur / minute.
You can check their rates here.
It’s so old that their mobile app and webpage could really use a refresh…
Very recently I needed to use it again and it still works. My 12y old ‘credit’ was still there :phone:

EDIT: whenever you buy credit (i.e. 10 euros), you get 120 days free-to-use (check list of countries) before starting the billing on that credit.

Voipbuster is yet another Betamax if I remember correctly. A testament to Betamax’ ubiquity and dependability if anything.

Hi Everyone,

I occasionally need to call international numbers (mostly EU, mobile) in Switzerland, but outside of Switzerland too (while travelling in the EU). I have unlimited data from Yallo everywhere (in CH, EU & USA), so I thought to search for a reliable VoIP mobile application for my international calls.

So far I used ViberOut, and they charge around 0,15$ per Minute for mobile calls. I just recognized, they have a subscription for World (6,5 CHF / month) with unlimited calls (mobile & landline) for 60 countries (EU incl.).

Do you have any better option or idea to keep VoIP calls in CH and abroad for the lowest costs? One important feature: the caller can see my registered real Swiss mobile phone number (+4176XXXXXX).

Thanks,
Mr.Paprika :hot_pepper:

When I was working in Bahrain, Skype had pretty good rates for on the minute calls and was always working really well. If I remember well, you could even get a separate phone number from where people could call on your skype account (not sure though).
Might be an alternative.

1 Like

I use Skype, but not sure about the caller seeing your registered mobile phone piece.

I just use stuntcalls, the price is very low - check on the website, it depends on the country, landline and mobile you’re calling.

It allows you to call with your own number via an app and all you need is mobile data or Wi-Fi.