Virtual Payment Cards

Virtual Payment Cards from https://privacy.com/ are available only to US residents. Anybody knows a comparable concept available here?

I like to idea of restricting cards to certain online shops.

Hi Neville,

I’ve been using the disposable virtual cards from Revolut for one-time online payments. And even for recurring ones, I sometimes use the same method to trigger a payment failure on renewal - and “force” myself to reconsider if the service is really needed.

Recently UBS has been pushing something I believe similar through advertising, but haven’t checked it.

From quickly skimming at the linked website it seems they cover many of the same use-cases, is there anything in particular that was standing out?

4 Likes

I also use the Revolut disposable virtual cards and am a big fan.

For me the best aspect of it is that if I want to sign up for some service with recurring bills and no possibility to opt out, I don’t worry about forgetting to cancel it if I’m not using it (though sometimes I wonder whether this could have some impact on my credit score…)

I have never used Revolut, so the concept of virtual cards was new to me.

I’ll check it out, thanks!

Has anyone any news to the virtual credit card situation in Switzerland?
Found this but I’m not really convinced.

Wise offers virtual cards. You can use one for longer or replace it instantly, if you want to have more of a disposable card. Works fine for me (and obviously you can use the Wise account for FX, foreign bank accounts, bank transfers etc as well).

3 Likes

Revolut has virtual cards. Create as many as you want.

1 Like