VIAC launched their own mortgage offering

That could hurt, and I would expect more. Heat pump and especially the control units for it and the ventilation unit will be ageing soon.

(Î assume the Erneuerungsfonds is where repairs of the common parts are financed from, is this correct ?)

I guess you will be a Stockwerkeigentümer ? I would take a strong look at the co-owners.

Your assumption is correct. Co-owners are 80% Swiss and pretty frugal if I look at the latest protocol. So that’s ok for me. Without the Erneuerungsfond new owners are basically screwed. The ones that bought the apartment back in 2011 saved money in the meantime for repairs etc.

But thats off-topic anyway. I’m waiting for some documents that I’ll get on Thursday and then I’ll be able to send everything in.

Have a look at credit Suisse or baloise bank soba.
I saw saron around 0.60% on valuu.ch with 3y contract.

2 Likes

@Graff
How long did you wait for their 1st reply after sending everything in? And do they really insist on getting the Betreibungsregisterauszug from the last 3 years? I lived in 4 different places in that time.

2 Likes

Same thing with my apartment. They estimated our apartment at 650k lol. Other banks at 820-900k. So no chance, too bad.

Edit: I think I got it now. Viac/WIR is intentionally reducing the value for the customer to effectively get 33.3% in assets and thus having a 2/3 LTV. 650k = 520k mortgage. 520k / 780k = 66.666% lol.

You know why? They reduce their own capital requirements by FINMA significantly that way. It’s way lower than with mortgages at 66.6-80% LTV. So that’s probably also why they offer such good interest rates. It’s scam.

1 Like

I would not call it scam but risk reduction from the bank side.

1 Like

You are right of course. But lure people with such good rates and then requesting more own assets than anyone else…it’s just not being honest and transparent.

3 Likes

Rates are the same foy everyone, but they ask more cash from your side. What is the issue?

1 Like

Their estimate is way below the price, so they ask for the difference in cash.

VIAC has never stated, that the rates on their website are for a classic 80% financing and a financing for “up to 100%” is possible :smiley:

It’s not all about rates - you can deduct them from your taxable income.
Of course, one should not aim for 10% p.a. interest rate. It’s about balance and sometimes better, to take a more expensive solution and work with the assets, which are not needed at Bank B instead blocking it with VIAC/WIR.

How did they do their valuation? Deskbased by someone in WIR or an independent valuer ? Did you try showing them the valuation from other banks, what happened?

Just with their own tool. I replied to that why the asking price is actually below the market value. Lets see what I’ll get tomorrow.

1 Like

Got a reply. That’s just how they do their valuations, nothing to change about that. It’s based on real transaction prices (IAZI).

1 Like

Would be interesting to see what happens if you shared the valuation from other banks and see if they budge?

Perhaps it is to be expected that VIAC & WIR are more conservative on the valuation. They accept 3 pillar invested in stocks as collateral, most other banks only accept cash. In addition, I am not sure if WIR bank has expertise covering the property market across CH - I have never seen WIR bank in Swiss Romandie for example.

I actually did and they don’t care about that. They are just very conservative.

That’s to bad. Somehow @Graff was able to negotiate the valuation up, to go from 28% to 24% LTV.

In this case going with SARON from your employer and moving your 3a to their offering and pledging might still be the better offer I guess?

1 Like

It is and I’ll go that route 99% sure. Just waiting for the confirmation.

1 Like

Quick update. Everything is set now and we’ll going to sign the contract in May.

• 770k buying price
  • 70k cash
  • 700k mortgage
  • 56.5k 3a, 23.5k ValuePension vested benefits account and 15k pension fund pledged.

So I got what I wished for :smiley:

8 Likes

congrats on closing.

Do you transfer the VIAC 3a to the lending bank to pledge it and doing indirect armortization, or did you cash it out? How did you structure the loan? Two tranches SARON with same durations (as you are around 79% LTV)?