Background: I have a portfolio of 75% stocks, 25% cash/2nd pillar
of the 75% stocks, around 65% is USA, specifically a single ETF VTI.
I’ve ried to replicate more or less the world index by reusing some really cheap ETF in different vector (basically only VTI in my taxable, and Swiss/European/Asiatic ETC in VIAC 3a)
Now though I’m conflicted - I never thought I would see the day an angry mob of far right beat a cop on the stairs to the capitol using the american flag:
So in having only VTI, if business decides to relocate outside NYSE and the US, VTI needs to sell it and is lost. If you have VT (total world) and a company relocate sto london or whatever, and decides to stop being on the NYSE, VT would simply sell and rebuy on the new exchange.
In this time of uncertainty, it does seems that VT is more robust then VTI. That’s why I’m thinking to switch my VTI position to VT, and then adjust the holding in the VIAC 3a to avoid being underweight US.
Thanks for any feedback.