Transfer from Neon to IBKR

how can i make a bank transfer from neon to ibkr because iban is with ch but bank is not in switzerland?

1 Like

They might have changed something it used to work seamlessly. Country: United Kingdom, City: London, Zip: W1J 5AN. Now it tells me the Zip was invalid.

I think I can still make payments as I have the beneficiary saved. But I probably wouldn’t be able to add IBKR as Beneficiary now.

Maybe write an E-Mail to Neon. Normally they react fast and I think it might be a bug in the app.

You should declare the amount to transfer first in IB.
It will give you all the information to enter in Neon

Hi everyone

Apparently it’s not possible anymore to transfer funds from neon to IBKR. The postal code (PLZ) for Citibank in London is not accepted when using a domestic transfer in neon.

Support told me that they will hand this over to the product team (after explaining like 10 times that this is not an international transfer
)

There shouldn’t be any issue for users that previously transferred money from neon to IBKR, because it uses the stored information. Can anyone confirm this?

I write postal code of Zurich as the funds are transferred there.

4 Likes

And location also Zurich?

2 Likes

You can write any plausible information for this kind of transfers. Sometimes when I cannot enter company’s address outside of Switzerland while transferring money to company’s account in Switzerland, I just write bank’s address. Never had any problems with it.

6 Likes

I did a transfer using Neon about 1 weeks ago using the SEPA UK IBAN.
You must select “Domestic Transfer” and then change the beneficiary country to “UK”. Then the form will accept the British ZIP.

1 Like

Which British postcode? Doesn‘t IB provide their Greenwich CT address with American ZIP code?

For me, it seems they won’t do any verification on the Postcode once I change the country to a the U.S. or U.K. I could happily continue using these data (though not sure if it picks up my previous transfers):

1 Like

Screenshot from 2023-02-25 15-01-19
I have used the ZIP shown in the beneficiary bank field.
Glad to see you can input whatever you like :smile:

2 Likes

Should be the beneficiary’s postcode though, not the beneficiary‘s bank‘s one.
That said, if it (unsurprisingly) works, it works. :+1:

Yesterday I ordered a wired domestic transfer of 100 CHF from my Neon to the IB swiss IBAN using the address of the City Bank branch in ZĂŒrich (Hardstrasse 201, 8010 ZĂŒrich). This morning I received the money on IB with no issues, no fees, and no delays.

5 Likes

Hi @Jaci95 have you solved the issue?
I’m facing the same problem (currently leaving the costly UBS for neon).

I contacted neon support but they are super slow, so I’m curious to know how you (and possibly others) solved the issue? :slight_smile:

EDIT: support answered and I will select “United States” as Country and the NPA provided by IBKR. Hopefully tomorrow I will see the funds

EDIT2: Funds arrived!!! It works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unluckily no, I use now Yuh to transfer my money to IBKR

I can‘t reproduce any issue. I just deleted my standing order and saved contact in Neon‘s app - and when re-adding them could add the details without a hitch.

It is a domestic payment to a U.S. recipient/beneficiary‘s bank account held at Citibank in London (UK) that is reachable through the Swiss domestic payment clearing system.

And the details can be entered 100% correctly IMO, no workaround needed whatsoever:

2 Likes