Tradestation International (introducing broker to Interactive Brokers)

Hi,

If you are thinking of creating an account with Interactive Brokers, but not sure if you will reach the 100k soon to avoid inactivity fees…

I found this new introducing broker: https://www.tradestation-international.com/global/

Transaction fees seem to be only minimally higher than on IB. So it’s maybe a good alternative to CapTrader or Lynx which have a bit higher fees.

Haven’t tried it myself, but maybe someone can share their experiences here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anybody has some experience with this broker?

Or alternatively with Captrader (https://www.captrader.com/de/)?

Currently I trade with two Degiro accounts (one Swiss, one German, for trades in CHF and EUR respectively) but once again I realized that Degiro limits their products: Just at the beginning of this year I last time bought SWX:ZGLD and SWX:ZSIL, but it seems that they don’t allow to buy these products anymore.
It is not the first time that something like this happens. The reasons that for can be multiples, the customer support always only sends a generaly reply. Given this I really get tired of Degiro, and I think about changing some products to Captrader. I want to keep trading with Degiro the free ETFs since I buy them monthly. But all the other products (I only buy shares and ETFs), also such ones with high dividends I want to trade on another platform. Captrader seems to be the cheapest option that offers a wide choice. The advantage is also that they do not charge if you don’t trade and have a minimum of 2000 USD or EUR invested (most products I would just buy and hold there). IBKR is no option for me at the moment since I have and will not reach very soon the 100000 USD threshold.
So, can somebody recommend Captrader or advise against it?

All those brokers are pretty much the same, since it’s always InteractiveBrokers at the end. Just the fees are different, and Tradestations fees seem to be a bit better.

I can’t seem to find any custody/inactivity/whatever fees other than trading.
US stocks/ETFs trading fees seem affordable (0.007/share, 1.5 min).
There must be a catch. :slight_smile:

That’s why I ask if people have some experience with these two brokers :wink:

Bad news. TradeStation is now useless:

1 Like

is that new 15$ fee only for EU?. UK, CH, EEA still doesnt have inactivity fees? nothing is written on their website so its very unclear to people thinking of signing up

1 Like

Hello, new to this blog so i don’t know if i’m writing my question in the right subjetct.
But, here it is:
As a swiss resident i would like to know how IB treats our accounts.
Are there elligible to the automatic exchange ?

Of course.

“Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Limited is required to abide by the reporting requirements of the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) as implemented by the United Kingdom. Under CRS, Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Limited is required to provide certain information about your account to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), which may share this information with the tax authority of the country (or countries) that you are a tax resident of.”

Regardless of have, you have to report the holdings and trades in your personal tax return.

Ok, thank you !