I intent to simulate my taxes, e.g. calculate what taxes I own when the next bill comes.
I could just use some online calculator like from comparis. However my “dream solution” would be a complete re-engineering of the tax calculation (in my case canton/city of Zurich), so I can implement it as (python) script on my bookkeeping.
Has anyone build something like this that i could use/ get inspired from?
My ideas & challanges are
- obtain taxation rates (solved: for ZH available as pdf here). bonus: find a machine readable source that updates in case the numbers change
- find out about all the individual calculation steps by reverse engineering my last tax declaration and some common sense
- gross income & deductions
- DA-1 calculation. I felt some shenanegans going on here last time. I honestly did not understand the calculation they put down to estimate my tax credit (which end much less than what I paid in the end)
- wealth tax calculation (should be easy)
- what is this personalsteuer of CHF 24???
- for a given tax declaration, calculate the derivative of the taxes owed w.r.t. certain parameters
bonus question: has anyone had good experience with a Steuerberater in Zurich? I might be interested to get some consultation. mostly for education purpose.