I looked it up online and in the forum, but couldn’t find an answer.
For some of my stocks there were corporate actions, such as split or reverse split.
I am doing the taxes using the online portal for the canton of Zurich.
I am stuck at this point:
- I am adding a new stock position, along with the number of shares. Say the number was 100
- However, last year the number of shares was 1000, and the stock did a 10:1 split
Under the available options for " Zu- & Abgänge" I see the following:
- Gtatisaktie/Stockdividende (Zugang)
- Aufleitung (Zugang)
- Fusion (Zugang)
- Abspaltung (Zugang)
- Schenkung (Zugang)
- Erbfall/Vorempfang (Zugang)
- Schenkung (Abgang)
- Aufteilung (Abgang)
- Fusion/Umtausch (Abgang)
- Indirekte Teilliquidation
There is no clear option for a split (where I would enter the ratio).
I suppose I have to include 2 entries, one that says -1000 and then one that says +100.
Does anyone know how to do this properly?
If the stock is in ictax isn’t that automatically handled?
For a split, this is normally a stock dividend, e.g. a 1:20 split, is a 19 stock dividend per share.
(for reverse split, I’d do similar think, e.g. umtausch)
Thanks for your reply.
The stock is GOOG. I am using the online tool https://zhp.services.zh.ch/.
It handles all the dividends all right, but not the stock splits.
I think I will do the following:
- Create an entry for “Umtausch”: the number of stocks I enter here reduce my holdings (in my example -1000)
- Create another entry for “Aufteillung (Zugang)”: the number of stocks I enter here are increase my holdings (in my example +100)
- Enter a comment about the split (they only allow 66 characters…)
- Attach the document from my bank about the split.
If it’s GOOG it’s a stock dividend.