Tax declaration from degiro and other Swiss banks

Thanks a lot. Interesting point

I have a question to the folk:
should I define at which date I bought which shares or it is just the bulk at the 31.12 important?

In my specific case, in Degiro I invest in 4 ETFs (World, S&P500, EU, EM) and I purchase few shares every months. I basically end up in having 48 purchase/year (this a bit less having started in July).
It is kind of a big pain insert all thee orders.
Any sugestion?

Btw, i received today from Degiro the report for 2020. I just see the status at the 31.12 but not the detail of when the shares have been purchased.

I really need help in these regards. Thanks :slight_smile:

You most likely have to. At least somehow report it.

Because dividend distributions (or equivalent income in accumulating ETFs) should have been made throughout the year. For every distribution the number of shares is relevant - the more shares you’ve had at that point in time, the higher your taxable income from the fund.

For this reason, I’ve reduced my ETF purchases to a bi- or three-monthly frequency, taking turns between the ETFs I’m regularly investing in.

Interestingly though, accumulating ETFs may have just one record date in ICTax, such as this accumulating iShares at the end of july, whereas the quarterly distributing Vanguard has four distribution dates.

If you sold all of your holding in the iShares fund on the 30th of July and repurchased on the 1st of August, the tax software would, I think, calculate your taxable income for the year as zero. Though of course this would be a blatant circumvention of tax law and probably not sit well with any tax inspector that bothered to look into it.

Don’t bother to add each transaction. Simply report the value of your portfolio on Dec 31 and total dividends received (Degiro allows you to extract a csv/Excel file to make the addition easier). If you have some accumulation fund, don’t forget to add the related income using the SFTA website. The number of shares held at the date of accumulation (usually once a year) must be used to determine the taxable income.

If you have to file a DA-1, you can do the same by reporting all in one line.

If the cantonal tax authorities need more information, they will come back to you. Send the transactions list from Degiro and they will do the reconciliation for you.

3 Likes

I weas underextimating this point when planning my investments. Do the tax authorities (Canton BE) will consider me a professional investor because buying once a month for each of the 4 EFT?
I have anyway peanuts invested in total (around 3000 CHF), and in such good year (bevcause I started in July
) I could make around 160 CHF . as I said peanuts

No, why would you think so?

No clue
just worried that the amount of transactions will trigger any strange reaction from them

It is the first time I’m reporting investments out of the 2P+3P, so I have a bit of fear.

Unless you also sold you’d anyway still be in the safe harbour rules.

1 Like

No selling till now. And not planned for the upcoming 3-5 years minimum

Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about

I hope so

I have developed a web application that helps you to record the Degiro deposit in the Swiss tax declaration. The application is brand new and I am interested in feedback.

The language of the application is only German at the moment. I hope this is not a problem. In the future the application will also be available in French, Italian and English. You can test the application for free for the tax year 2022.

Have a look to:

2 Likes