Swiss life hacks list

family increased from 25,99 to 59,99 TRY per month. Still ok for me.

The TRY will continue to devalue anyway rather quickly due to the inflation, so the “scales” should even out

4 Likes

How about we move to a separate thread all the posts related to faking one’s location to save a few bucks in various streaming services subscriptions’ fees?

4 Likes

In my opinion this shouldn’t even be discussed in this forum as it’s definitely in the grey area of being legal…

2 Likes

I thought about this as well. Is it really grey area? I guess there could be something in the terms and conditions.

Beside the saving I think it’s also interesting from a technical standpoint at least for me as a non-tech person, how that works and I learned that some friends of mine have to use VPN for political reasons.

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Geoarbitraging, offshoring, taxes, morality

I tried the VPN Turkey things today for Netflix… no success…

Login didn’t work with VPN set to on.
I tried login in with VPN off and then turn the VPN on, but without success.

I didn’t try with Spotify…

I tried with NordVPN and Cyberghost…

Can anyone help me here?

I also have the issue with NordVPN, both netflix and amazon do not work. Netflix says there is an issue when I try to create an account while Amazon switches back to the EU region on the spot. I have tried to clear cache, change DNS but no luck ^^.

2 Likes

It worked for me for Amazon with private internet access, brave browser and tor network enabled within the browser.

They seem to have stored the public IPs of all endpoints from the more well known VPN providers as this happened to me with ProtonVPN too. I personally use the Brave Browser* in a virtual machine separated from my home network with a 100% success rate so far.

EDIT: *I meant I use the Hola Browser and not Brave.

1 Like

Hmmmm I’ve tried with Brave and the VPN activated to get the Turkish IP address but that still fails, if the VPN endpoint is detected I don’t see how I can spoof the location to make it believe I’m not in CH ? Anything I miss here ?

Thanks a lot that worked :slight_smile:

1. Get Hola Browser and use the free version
  2. Create the account on Netflix Turkey
  3. Get some Netflix TL gift cards from g2a.com and redeem

Unfortunately I was not able to add my credit card but who cares, as long as the gift card trick works. As a result I canceled my NordVPN test subscription right away, it seems Netflix has banned their IP blocks.

1 Like

I think after you are subscribed you can add your credit card no? I think the trick was to first use gift cards to activate the service and then add a credit card as the account should automatically pull the money from there once the gift card is empty.

2 Likes

I added the gift card but then he complains that there’s an issue with the credit card. Adding the credit card is not mandatory you can anyway skip that step as long as you have a valid gift card.

1 Like
  1. Register at Netflix/log in into your account with CH IP
  2. Take the cheapest subscription.
  3. Save your credit card details (ideally neon, Revolut, ….)
  4. Cancel subscription after couple of days.
  5. Once your subscription log into your account again, with a foreign IP (I suggest TR).
  6. Buy a TRY 100 voucher/gift card, save it in your account as payment alternative. DO NOT delete your Visa/Master which you saved in step three.
  7. The first month, the subscription is paid by gift card, in the second month partially by credit card (do not top up your voucher).
  8. Enjoy not having the hassle anymore with buying vouchers.
3 Likes

Would it be possible to split again this thread so that all the posts related to cheating streaming services get their own thread? They have really diluted the value of this one.

6 Likes

But I don’t see any other discussion in last few years. Feel free to start another thread…

Yes, well, that’s my point.

Yeah maybe if I find the time I’ll collect all useful tips and open a new thread. I was hoping some mod would share my frustration and instead move all the cheat-the-streaming-services messages to a different thread.

1 Like

This thread became “cheat-the-streaming-services” thread because no other things were discussed at least for 3 years, as far as I can see.

In general, you can see it in many old threads that were supposed to be about “everything” but overgrew themselves because this forum might have grown more than the administration have originally expected. I have already closed the introduction thread (and nobody had protested). I don’t think we need a new “all life hacks” thread. If there is something that you want to discuss specifically, just continue one of specific threads or start a new one.

4 Likes