Subscribing and canceling Revolut - bypass the free limit?

I need to transfer more than the 1250 CHF that are free with revolut. On some financial website I saw someone mention that it’s possible to subscribe and cancel Revolut as soon as you don’t need it anymore. On the revolut app it says it’s possible to cancel in 14 days. I wonder if anybody tried this and if there were any fees involved with it since it’s pretty clear that it’s only used to bypass the limit?

I opened a Transferwise account to transfer some more, but I don’t really want thousands of accounts.

What is the question here ? I’m not sure I get it.
Of course it’s possible to cancel a service if you don’t need it anymore. This said, if it takes 14 days or 1 month, what difference does it make ?

You’re right. I didn’t phrase it well…

I wonder if anybody tried this and if there were any fees involved with it since it’s pretty clear that it’s only used to bypass the limit?

According to their site:
“ If you downgrade your subscription within 14 days of upgrading:

• If you have used any service exclusive to Plus (as listed here) or Premium (as listed here) or Metal (as listed here), or Standard services at a level above that is provided free of charge to Standard users, we will issue you a partial refund based on your usage of these services

https://www.revolut.com/en-IT/help/profile-plan/profile-settings/downgrading-my-plan

1 Like