Stocks missing in ICTax, is that a problem?

I bought the following Japanese railway stocks: TYO:9020, TYO:9021, TYO:9022 but they are missing in the ICTax tool: https://www.ictax.admin.ch/extern/en.html#/ratelist/2020

I assumed these stocks would be present in the tool given they are huge.

Is that a problem? Will I end up paying higher taxes somehow? How do I ask them to add these stocks to the list?

Thanks

1 Like

Personally, I’d just declare them “manually”.
Number of share, value at the end of the year, dividend distributions - how hard can it be?
(The main question should be the distinction between gross and net dividends and and withholding tax)

Not sure if I have ever done so with single stock - but I did with some funds (which can be tricky or downright a grey are, if they aren’t or aren’t fully distributing) Never been asked any questions. Then again, I’m not rich.

4 Likes

It has happend to me several times, it’s not a problem, I declared them manually. You have to be a bit careful with dividends and withholding taxes.
You could ask for the instrument to be included, but I’ve never done it as it looks overly complicated:

Good Luck
1 Like

Hello. I had the same problem on two stock.
I send a e-mail to the AFC and they added it within 2 days.
They are very reactive. Just ask them.

Have a good day.

Julien

Hi Julien,
I own a couple of accumulating etf but registered in ICTax.
To whom did you addressed your message?
I have just done a simple declaration so far but I am anticipating the 2021 fiscal change.

Hi,

I do own little US Treasury Bond. Ibkr list them as Zero Coupon, but I guess I still need to declare them to Tax authority. However, what IB provides is only Cusip, however anyhow I cannot find them CH ICTax. Anyone has experience how will I need to declare these US-T Bonds in this year tax declaration?

Thanks,

Did you try to look that up in IBKR’s contract search?