Selling tips and experiences

Is it listed on homegate too? If not, I’d make that the first step.

1 Like

it is on Comparis, which is/should be more complete than homegate.
On the other hand I see in the same town twin houses starting at less than 1’300’000 (albeit smaller), so the price might be the problem.

I just saw that the price has been lowered recently. I would advise not to do this. Just stop the sale for a few month and remove the announce and then repost with different photos and the new price.

1 Like

cant discuss about taste. But many people wont like the red. And for some of the >1mio is to much money to „get used to it“ when the kitchen stands in the most important room. Anyway, replacement is easy and shoud not codt that much when one dont touch the layout.

Why is the skirting board missing?

About the other pictures: When I looked for our family home we had a strong preference for the listings with high quality images. I liked to imagine out familiy there. I cant do the with all the bottles etc in the pictures.

1 Like

I did advertise my rental on comparis to avoid paying home gate. Big mistake. From Comparis for some reason I only ever got contacted by people who in the end didn’t show up at the appointments we set up to view the property.

1 Like

new and bigger fridge, need to put it back.

I requested 3 quotes for a professional wrapping (vinyl wrap) and/or replacing the front panels.

yes it is: Listing

I think you already got very good feedbacks, here my 2 cents:

When we looked online for our house, it was important:

No standard BS text; use positiv words but stay simple. Very good quality pictures (sunny day, everything clean, good angles) without every day stuffs on it (tooth brush, clothes etc). Pictutes of every room is great, but mostly look to show each one in a positive way only (angle). Do not put too many pictures, it feels confusing and the buyer should also have the feeling „i want to see more“. So your add should be fair, but it mainly should bring people to come visit.

People put most of the time their entire savings into RE, so everything must be clear, reassuring.

10+ years is not new anymore, 20+ needs renovations. That’s all fine, but your selling arguments might be more into other benefits (location, tax, commute, school, nature).

Regarding heating with gas: that is for sure a negative point, but you can show that the renovations cost are already funded (did i get it right?), so that is actually a good deal. Do you already have a plan/deal to switch to green energy ?

The red color would have been a no no for us.

The required login via Neho to get more informations and mostly to get an appointment to visit is a minus. As a buyer 1Mio+ I want a clear and easy process. Give me a name, phone number and email, point.

Compare your price with other listings.

Be patient.

1 Like

I do, in my next house :laughing: for the past five years, I have consistently raised this issue at homeowners’ meetings. I participated in a geothermal energy study in the municipality and explained my neighbors that attractive grants are available. However, they are not interested in investing until they are required to do so by the canton :man_shrugging: most of them have no plans to move; the majority are elderly and they don’t want to spend.

Thanks, I’m working on a solution :red_circle:

Ok, I think that is a very common problem and I understand both sides. I would not put anything about that in the add. Then I would clearly explain it during the visits and demonstrate the real actual heating costs (at the end it is not a big sum) and also explain the forced heating renovation (be it bc the gas system dies or the cantonal timeline is reached) is already financed. As a buyer i would be absolutely happy with that, bc it means the heating is working now, i do not have to worry about it short time and long time it is already paid. Great (unless the buyer is hardcore eco).

Side question: how is the renovation fund financed ?Do all owners pay a fixed amount every month?

At what price?

1 Like

It’s always a double-edged sword. When I told a visitor that the building would soon be completely renovated (painted), they said they wouldn’t want to live in a building under construction :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I thought it would be positive to know that the cost was budgeted for, and that a fund covers 100% of it. They would also get tax benefits out of it.

sold to a friend, didn’t want to disclose the amount :laughing:

yes, CHF 16’000.00 a year goes to the renovation fund.

I suggest to fix those things, like skirting board or the mentioned shower.

Wrapping or replacement of kitchen elements I would not change it, you dont know the buyers taste. but it might be helpful to have some rough quotes for wrapping/ replacing or even whole new kitchen. Could be used in price negotiactions.

The renovation fund wont last for heating and building renovations i think. But it is well funded, could mention that since usually your share belongs to the new owner and is included in the selling price

1 Like

Why is a 2010 building being completely renovated? Or you mean like fresh paint?

Things like well isolated windows would be noteworthy in the ad regarding street noise etc

2 Likes

matte white is a good option. A new kitchen, given the investment it requires and the low return, is the last option.

fresh paint (we will choose another color).

I would also remove the desk next to the TV when you take the pictures, it really gives the impression that you are trying to squeeze every possible single square feet because you lack space. Such pictures should be as neutral as possible so that people can project themselves and with the number of things / furnitures present in the pictures it is really difficult (I guess that’s ok in the kids rooms but the living room, the master and the bathroom should be as clean as possible).

Do you also have a cat living in the flat ? I don’t know whether the furniture next to your bed is a cat tree but it might be confused with one. Some people do not want to leave in places where there were pets so I would put a low table if you have one.

4 Likes

sure. I thought about when someone is interested jut the red is an issue. You could say: I checked these options a, b and c and costs approx xyz.

1 Like

good tip, thanks!

If only you could see the houses I’ve visited that are for sale! Trust me, pets would be the least of their problems. :grin: