Revolut in conflict with Mastercard Cumulus?!

Lol how about switching to another company?

Or send the money from your bank account (takes 1 day usually), unless you really have to have it there immediately.

yeah, just for information sake :slight_smile:

… and i used to use CC top-up for the convince and as a matter of time (instant vs. 1-3 days)

I guess you get what you pay for in this case. This would drive me crazy lol.

Holy cow, Valiant is charging 1.75% too.

I think I’m going to stick with UBS.

I topped up on June 16th and did not get an extra charge.

I got charged 1.5% on June 11th :thinking:

I was charged 1.5% last week, i have called them and they said that it was a mistake and they have refunded me in the same day.

Did you ask why this happens so often?

Yes and they said that this time was related to Covid situation.A strange and confused explanation.

3 Likes

Lol, didn’t know that the virus is also infecting computer systems.

4 Likes

Confirmed and to be fixed by next week:

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s really Revolut fault. Other CC companies don’t have this issue

Anyone with the same issue that Cumulus Mastercard would allow only up to 2000CHF transaction per day? When I try to top up Revolut account, the payments get rejected or fail. I called Cembra and I was told, that Mastercard allows generally 2000CHF per 24h and there should not be any special restriction towards Revolut. Do you also have such experience?
Otherwise I can confirm that I was not charged for successful payments for now.

Not true in my case. I have transactions > 2’000 CHF (not Revolut though)… Maybe it’s a “limit-thing”…?

BTW: The Revolut fee is not listed under transactions (Cembra App and Web), I found mine on the PDF-Statement only… in the meantime the fee I paid got refunded …

Good to know about the fee showing on a statement, I will check that as well.

Does anyone know why Cumulus and the others are allowing topping up Revolut for free? This seems quite surprising to me considering often it costs extra to convert credit to cash, and here they’re actually actively reverting the “mistaken” charges, so it’s not like they don’t know what’s going on.

And not only that, but you also get cumulus points (although not completely sure about this one) for simply moving the money around.

1 Like

Doesn’t Revolut has to pay a fee to Cembra, like any shop would when you pay with the card?

1 Like

Revolut is paying the fee. It’s not the card issuer that pays anything. But they disabled Cumulus Points for topping up on Revolut to prevent Manufactured Spending.

Sure, I realize that, I guess my confusion comes from the fact that cash advances usually cost extra with all credit cards, i.e. extra in the sense that it’s even beyond your regular APR and banks also actively try to prevent “hacks” like the one with Revolut where customers can get away with converting credit to cash without paying the extra fee.

1 Like