First of all thank you for all the valuable knowledge you’re sharing on this forum!
While reading this forum for the last couple of months, I realized that there is some potential to optimize my Investments:
Current Setup (approx. 150 k invested)
- SDWA (53%)
- EIMI (22%)
- CHSPI (25%)
When I started investing back in 2017, my decisions were based on following thoughts and requirements:
EM / WORLD ETFs
- Worldwide diversified ETF Portfolio (regions, currencies sectors etc.)
- EM/World ratio 70/30 with ability to adjust ratio in future
- IE based for tax optimization
- 25% of portfolio in CHF (home bias)
- High level of diversification within Swiss market
- Easy to handle (lazy) portfolio with low amount of positions
- Sufficient fund size
- Low fees
Currently I’m using Strateo as my broker which then was among the cheapest. My wife bought some Stocks and ETFs (approx. 2000 CHF) which I currently keep in my broker account as well:
- Microsoft Stocks
- MSCI ACWI Socially Responsible UCITS ETF (hedged to CHF)
I know the UBS ETF is crap, but it was important to my wife to have a sustainable (ESG) investment…
So right now, I’m thinking to switch to IB to cut down costs and further optimize for tax.
- Some CHSPI for home bias
- (+ my wife’s stocks)
May I kindly ask you for your thoughts and advices regarding the transition to IB:
- What would be the steps to migrate from Strateo to IB?
- Selling my Stocks now from Strateo to invest with IB with the current losses seems not reasonable to me at the moment
- Maybe just keep Strateo, while start investing with IB. Then sell Strateo Stocks at a future date
- Would it possible to transfer stocks which I want to keep (e.g. Microsoft, CHSPI) from Strateo to IB?
- Is there a mustachian like alternative for the UBS ESG compliant ETF?
- How long does it take to register and setup the IB account?
Greatly appreciate any advice or suggestion!