Postfinance increases fees for Giro

Well if he doesn’t have an IB account that’s $120 of fees for a year to avoid a 60.- conversion fee (0.2%). If it’s a one time only transfer it might not be worth the trouble.

Let’s do some math then!

He wants to exchange 30K CHF.
At the moment of writing this post, the rates are
IB bid/ask
3.84550 3.84591
Walutomat bid/ask
3,8478 3,8410

So that’s 115377.3 PLN at IB or 115230 PLN, minus 230 PLN fee, so a grand total of 115000 at Walutomat.

Add 20-30 CHF of GIRO fees from PF and it adds up to ~120 CHF, so it’s exactly the same cost all in, but a full year of free trading at IB is not something to walk past by.

1 Like

…unless you somehow value the time and effort to open up an IB account - let alone understand the interfaces and systems. :wink:

Everybody does, once it’s done :-).

1 Like

I can strongly recommend TransferWise, this is a bless for me. I can do currency exchange really cheap and send money to different countries in the respective currency!

Also I do use the Bank Cler Zak account, so its a really nice combination of both. Since Bank Cler Zak is completly free of charge if you use the cashless model.

Nice Duo :wink:

Edit: I‘ve also work together with bank cler :slight_smile:

Done, sorry I‘m usualy only on my blog or youtube channel or on facebook, there its basicly clear I‘m working with them, since I always say it in every video I mention them. I‘ve edited it :slight_smile:

Please disclose any paid relationship when recommending a product (noticed cler was a partner on your blog).

4 Likes

you work for transferwise as well?

No I don‘t, but would be nice. I like their service and also I like the backstory of the CEOs and Founder (Skype) :slight_smile: