Postfinance discontinues e-cockpit

so I opened a Neon account (<7 minutes with ID check included :sunglasses: ), I’m now pending for the confirmation, should come until Wednesday.

• spend categorization engine should be there
  • ApplePay/GPay/SamsungPay supported
  • debit Mastercard for free
  • no joint account :cry: but colleagues say you can register the same card in multiple wallet apps, so you can basically “share” your card with your SO.
  • monthly 2 free withdrawals (for those that still need cash, I don’t)

I will come back with the results early next week.

1 Like

BCV’s e-banking has this feature, and it also categorizes transactions from the associated non-mustachian Viseca credit cards. Account can be held for free if enough balance is held and the card is also free for couples + balance.

I’m afraid that’s not available from here in Zh :slight_smile:

Doch! You do not need to live here to open an account and in terms of ATMs ZKB’s would work.

3 Likes

Any update on the above @user137? I personally don’t know what this “e-finance participation number” is, but would be quite keen on gaining access to the raw e-Cockpit data as well. I could check with them also, but wanted to check with you first to see if you’ve had any luck. Thanks in advance!

Isn’t this simply the “E-Finance-Nummer” you enter on the PostFinance login page?

Quite likely indeed. But since that was his actual question, didn’t want to pretend that I knew the answer! :smile: Ultimately, I’m mostly interested in knowing whether he successfully extracted the data or not. But you’re right, it’s probably as simple as that number, and not an issue at all if you make the request from within the portal with private messaging. Cheers.

yes it’s your e-finance number that is on the main page of your “account details”. I wrote them in Messages within the web UI and they said “it’s gonna be there in a couple of days”.

Funny that they don’t have that number handy, since you’re logged in and all… (meaning e-cockpit was most probably a bought plugin solution from a 3rd party).

Now the next problem: once I have this much of offline data, where the heck should I put it and if Neon’s categorization engine will let me download raw data as well?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for that feedback @user137. I shall do the same then before all this good data disappears forever!

I don’t have a plan either for it though, but the majority of my spending still occurs through PostFinance, so I was thinking about something along these lines: using all the data provided, try to derive a similar mapping/categorization system (in Excel/VBA perhaps), then periodically download the PF transactions and run them through it! :sweat_smile:

Might be simpler to track down that 3rd party solution, or even convince myself that I don’t really need that level of spending details :wink:

I’m convinced we don’t need this data. But having it for free was cool and informative. I needed to put in about 15 minutes per month of brain time to correct the mistakes and then you had a nice timeline of all your spend with PowerBI-like charts.

Doing significantly more effort to get to the same results would hurt my brain and would probably fade out into oblivion. So… we’ll see.

Those that have NEON could comment if the categorization engine is any good.

1 Like

So, I finally got around canceling my account.

Surprisingly enough, it was about 3 minutes, fully automated via a chatbot, with a background authentication and a very smooth process. Kudos to PF for developing this.

Too bad they seem to have put more efforts into this than keeping e-Cockpit :frowning: