Poinz credit cards from Swisscard

New offer from Swisscard: poinz - Cartes de fidélité et deals

Seems to be better than Cashback cards

Looking at the terms and conditions:

Der der Saldo des definitiv verbuchten Cashback einen bestimmten, von Poinz festgelegten Betrag überschreitet, kann sich der Abonnent den Betrag ganz oder teilweise auf sein eigenes, auf Schweizer Franken lautendes Bankkonto in der Schweiz auszahlen lassen. Die Auszahlung kann über die App veranlasst werden. Gebühren und Kosten der Empfängerbank gehen zu Lasten des Abonnenten. Poinz ist von der Auszahlungspflicht befreit, wenn das vom Abonnenten angegebene Bankkonto einer anderen Person zuzuordnen ist oder nicht existiert.

The cashback is 0.25, which is 0.05 points higher than the Cashback Cards.
Is it worth creating a Poinz account, doing all the administrative procedures and manually transferring the cashback to your bank account every X time, for 0.05 more points? I don’t think so. You might as well keep the current Cashback Cards or use the Cumulus/Supercard cc.

I think the offer is interesting for a really specific niche, but for a Mustachian who wants to simplify his life and not over-optimize (time is money), it’s not worth it. (My opinion).

1 Like

I also use the Amex when possible, and I use the Manor Mastercard (0.5%) when necessary

2 Likes

I use the crypto.com card (5%) always…

4 Likes

Poinz is an anagram of Ponzi, although I don’t see how one can scam people signing in for a free credit card.

Besides jokes, I will probably register with the goal of receiving the initial balance and initial higher Cashback (in comparison to Cashback cards).

8 Likes

They want you to save all your payment methods in their app to get cashback from vendors (independently from points, sorry, poinz, generated by using the credit card), which I am not going to do. My observation about the anagram is getting a bit more serious.

2 Likes

A Cashback of 100 CHF is required to cash out. Should be quiet easy with initial Cashback bonus, but afterwards I am not sure I am going to use it. Depends very much if it has e-bill.

I must say that poinz app works well as a digital wallet for loyalty cards, optimized for Switzerland. I saved some cards in Google Pay before, but wasn’t able to add even Coop card. In poinz I added I think everything AND you can add a custom entry for cards which are not in their list.

No more than 3 consequentive replies allowed, WTF?

Yes. I also have even older cards, everything in the same app. But the first bill I’ve got was on paper, not sure if switching to PDF from the very beginning helps.

For eBill you should send another request with the account number of new cards. I missed it for the second bill and received it as PDF only. Hopefully next time it will be eBill.

1 Like

I can confirm that you need to switch yourself from paper to PDF for the new cards, even if all the other cards you already have in the app are set to PDF.

Would be great if they could copy the setting automatically to avoid people missing it and paying for the paper delivery of the first bill. If you switch immediately when you get the cards in the app you won’t receive the first bill as paper.

1 Like

This is supposedly an additional Cashback from merchants participating in poinz program, not related to the credit card turnover. I just ignored it

The poinz credit cards defintely have a upper hand for a few reasons in my opinion but its good to have both especially Amex+Mastercard option with the cashback cards since you only have an option of Amex+Visa with the poinz credit cards:

You get the cashback paid out to your poinz account monthly albeit can only cashout to your bank account once its over 100chf, if its lower than 100chf then you can use you the credit on poinz app to buy giftcards from a limited number of shops i.e zalando handm, microsoft store etc… on top of which you would also get additional cashback from buying the giftcards. With the cashback cards you get paid out to your credit card evey year, there’s no other option.

Theres potentially more cashback with the poinz app especially with the local cashback offers on the poinz app, you usually can get 1% extra cashback on top of the credit card cashback, there are sometimes increased cashback offers i.e 10% on subway a month or so ago. Although it doesnt matter which card you use with this feature, so long as you have stored the card you use on the poinz app could even be the cashback cards or even a debit card, but because I assume you get the cashback from this feature + the poinz credit card cashback paid out in the same place (poinz app) it only makes sense to use the poinz app with the poinz credits cards to hit the 100chf pay out threshold more quickly.

Not to mention, lots of other deals on the poinz app, restaurants, day out, stamp card offers etc. pretty much like deindeal if youre familiar with it.

I have both cashback cards and just recently received the poinz credit cards. The good thing with cashback cards was that I ordered it with the Amex+mastercard option since the poinz card is only available with Amex+Visa, makes it possible to catch more offers i.e the autosense mastercard offer, the Visa offer of 20.- cashback for 20 purchases, a win win to have both imo.

and guess what, to manage the poinz credit cards, it is indeed done the same exact way as the cashback cards on the Swisscard app. If you already have the cashback cards setup on the Swisscard app, you will not need to do anything, the poinz credit cards will automatically be added to your Swisscard account where you have the cashback cards, you will be able to swipe left or right to manage them in the same app to check your statements etc.!

Just so you know, there isnt an option to buy Apple giftcards and no local cashback on Apple on the poinz app, at least not yet. you can check on the poinz app which giftcards you can get right now, there is not much variety, at least yet, there should be more options in the future I hope, but still not bad.

1 Like

oh really? I will try

(Extra) effort/reward in comparison to Cashback Card are not worth imo.

Funny, just found out that you cannot buy cryptos with any Swisscard credit cards. The support told me the Geschäftsleitung decided so in 2019.
I tried to buy some shitcoins on Binance and Kraken. Well…

1 Like

Now they give an additional 30 CHF credit if you register with a referral code, the referring person also gets 30 CHF. PM me for a referral code.

Did anyone manage to get the cashback balance wired to a bank account?
Tried multiple times to trigger the transfer and despite confirmations nothing happened. After waiting for a week or so I bought a gift card instead.

Yes I tried. Got an email instead with an information that Cashback requests in the app are not working and I can provide my bank info in the reply email. After that I have got the Cashback wired manually.

That was couple of months ago.

If anyone interested there is currently a referral campaign for the Poinz cards (referee 50 CHF / referrer 100 CHF). Feel free to PM me for a code.