P2P lending - experience

Monethera also suspend all activities.

And now Grupeer who appears to be a scam!

Grupeer IS a scam, proof here:

European regulation incoming in 3
1 no wait, there is corona so it will be in 96
94 :smiley:

More seriously, this is the far west, it reminds me of bitcoin a few years back. Less gains though. Regulations would be welcomed.

I don’t see it that way. Yes, regulations help people who don’t know what they’re doing. But they also limit the ones who do. Doesn’t a new market self-regulate itself after some time? Shady businesses go to the ground, the solid ones gain trust. Why give bureaucrats a reason to live? If you want to increase transparency, then only invest with platforms that are more transparent. With that approach, you would see a monitoring platform get created from the bottom, not from the top.

1 Like

Agree with you for the 1st part. For the transparency part, which platform do you propose ? According to the Kristaps ranking all of them have some shady parts. Are you talking about FCA regulated platforms in UK ? If so, which ones ?

I don’t know the p2p lending market, I was speaking more generally.

A screenshot from my cashare portfolio – 8x invested in kmu and 3x invested in private loans:

The entries with “Restbetrag” 0.00 CHF are already paid in full :wink:

1 Like

Concerning Mintos, I still think that they are among the best in this market and maybe the most reliable ones. However I have started divesting a few months back as I saw the P2P market soon to collapse.

Last week, Mintos took a week to process a withdrawal, instead of a single day as usual. COVID could explain this delay but I am not convinced. I think that it could be a sign of liquidity problems. Just warning you.

1 Like

Pending payments are not linked to Mintos but to the LO’s. Please check the LO’s which have issues with pending payments or suspended LO’s

I’ve excluded the late ones from my secondary market strategy. Why bother investing if you’re unlikely to see your money when it’s due?

I’ve also reduced Invest & Access because you really get the bottom of the barrel there. Only the worst Loan Originators and lower interest rates.

If you’re looking for safe-ish stuff on Mintos, go for Agricultural loans. Or if you have the stomach, buy the discounted loans on the secondary market.

I was speaking about withdrawing money, i.e. cash on my account. It is not linked to LOs as the money has already reached Mintos.

Edit: also this has never happened in the past years. Probably nothing to worry about though.

Sorry I misunderstood, I guessed it was a PP issue because I have never heard about issue with withdrawing money. I made many withdrawals the last 2 weeks and got it before 2 days.

That’s good to know. Hopefully it was indeed nothing bad.

FastInvest is about to disappear too. No payouts since middle of April.

It took about 3 weeks but I received my payout from Fast Invest. Maybe the situation is not so bad.

I got one payout from 1st of April today too. Three more pending.

For the case Grupeer, I’m going to participate in the group lawsuit. Here you have all the information in case you want to join. The final price is really interesting, 1.8% of the invested.

Update from Core Team: presenting our legal partner and updated costs:

For an overview, check the website by Ido:
https://sites.google.com/view/grupeerarmada/
In case of questions, please direct to https://app.sli.do/event/iezyshxs

Hello Grupeer Investors,

Well, the moment has come. The lawyers have started working. Those who have not done so, sign up for in:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSccoPxhhoeGQoNvEuWhOHj2sRPfO_3GSEqgNqdcdUdV2oZY2g/viewform

It is not urgent but do not delay. I imagine that the core team will have the subscriptions open for a while, so people have time to do it but don’t leave it until the last minute!

Those of you who are already registered or are not interested in the Grupeer topic, forgive the spam.

Regards.

IbanWallet SCAM?!?

What do you think Mustachians?

1 Like