P2P lending - experience

Public capital markets began in the 17th century. Since then, more and more regulation has been introduced (from the exchanges and the state) to ensure an efficient, fair playing field with little fraud.

Is it perfect? No. But it is very hard for a private investor to get a better or equal risk-reward relationship outside of those transparent public markets. Risk is always there, even if p2p-platforms like to stress high interest rates.

As the old adage says, both return on and of capital is needed for profitable investing.

1 Like

I guess many people must be running to their p2p lending platforms these days.

Good luck to those forum users concerned.

To all that issued those look-ahead warnings of caution towards P2P platforms during the past months/year - a sincere thank you. :slight_smile: :beers:

5 Likes

Good article:

and another one

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing

Wow – I had luckily received pretty much my last payout in the first week of Jan. So I only lost <50 bucks.

I hope folks here were as lucky as I was (got back lion share back from Mintos, Envestio, etc – a number of losses and near-losses-due-to-scams but still managed to make enough interest to compensate for all that).

I have some concerns with a swiss platform -> 3circlefunding.ch. If you check their workers profile on Linkedin
 Be careful with p2p investments

Investors are also watching closely and carefully Fast Invest and WiseFund -> https://kristapsmors.substack.com/p/kuetzal-and-envestio-have-shut-down

So now that you’re out, was the investment experience worth your time? How much ROI you got out of it the end?

Roughly 9-10% but at much higher risk than anticipated (hitting the payout button just a few days later could have been enough!)

So not worth it.

Hello,
Has somebody experience with creditgate24?

thanks,

I have granted a 6 month loan on creditgate24 at 8% base interest. Worked very fine. Currently there are no new investment projects (although there is a secundary market). This is a common problem with swiss P2P platforms in my opinion, it is just too fragmented. The other problem I have is with the duration. Almost nothing below 24 months. So there is no opportunity to get all your cash back quickly. This is no problem with mintos (which is anyway by far the best P2P platform), althoug you have the currency risk

So out of curiosity, did defaults explode? Given what’s happened on the corporate high yield bond market, that’s what I would expect.

1 Like

Too early to say, at least for Mintos, which is the only P2P platform I am investing in.

Some loan originators are going out of business due to regulatory decisions.
I haven’t noticed an increase in defaults of loans per se. Actually, none of my loans has caused me a loss in almost a year.
Lots of loans available with a discount.

I guess not all loans will make it. But if you stick it out, I am still betting on Mintos and most of the loan originators making it.

I am not pulling out. I don’t invest substantial amounts there and I have made the decision that I am OK with the possibility of total loss. Most of my money is elsewhere anyway.

I have some spare cash coming in, I will invest around 5 % in there and buy the discounted loans offered by people who are desperate to sell out. Then see what happens.

Warning: P2P is extremely high risk and if you are not OK with that, don’t do it.

Grupeer is apparently no longer processing withdrawals.

2 Likes

Similar thing on Mintos. Invest & Access is not able to cash out quickly.

1 Like

And originators are offering 15%-20%-25% in a race to build the largest house of cards. Interesting times :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, but definitely there’s a clear trend for delayed repayment that I started noticing as soon as the pandemic started.

And Good bye to Monethera. It is time for P2P platforms for their stress test
 The P2P market will be consolidated or

the p2p platform Agrikaab is gone. Who is next ?