I’m new here, I’ve taken the chance to use my free time lately to study my financial situation and make necessary changes and thanks to you I’m in my way to improve.
So quickly in 2 words, I’m 40 and live in Vaud. Poor choices led me to: 3rd pillar not invested, TradeDirect broker, stock picking, 1 bank account in France, and worse of all a mortgage at UBS.
I’ve divided my journey in small steps and I will update my post in the future:
1. Close the account in France and replace by Neon
- Banque Populaire - contacted
- Neon - requested
2. Replace Cler by Zak
- Cler - contacted
- Zak done, used the code ONLYMP
3. Open Frankly
- Sent 2 Cler accounts to Frankly: done
- Send 1 BCV account to Frankly: requested but 6 months waiting time!
Invest plan: (95% plan)
1/3 now - Requested 17.04
2/3 in the next 12 months, invested every month
4. Get InteractiveBrokers account
- Open account: not done
- Transfer funds: not done
- Exchange chf->$: not done
- Buy VT: not done
- Invest plan:: keep it simple - invest monthly in VT
That’s my story I will post questions here and update along the way. Again, thank you for the community! Any advice welcome.