Neon-bank fee free worldwide

It’s worse than it was at the beginning, but it’s still worth checking it from time to time. There are some cool things to discover.

From the latest newsletter of Neon.

If you are a new Selma customer and invest from your neon account, you’ll have no administration fee for amounts up to 5’000 CHF for the first year. In addition, Selma will increase your investment by 50 CHF. That’s a bonus worth 84 CHF. :smiley:

If you are a new Inyova customer, Inyova will give you 10 CHF on top of your investment in each of the first twelve months (in total 120 CHF) when you open your account with the code «neon21» and transfer from your neon account. :star_struck:

Simple investing with findependent (German)

Like neon, like findependent: download the app and open your account completely digitally. Thanks to ready-made investment solutions, even financial novices can start investing easily. You can also put together your own ETF investment solution.

If you enter the code «neon22» when opening your findependent account and transfer from your neon account, you will receive 20 CHF on your investment (with a minimum investment of 500 CHF) and another 20 CHF on May 3, 2022, if you still have at least 500 CHF invested with findependent by then.

First two platforms were already discussed, the third one is new for me.

In fact, I read it in one of the pages of Neon. That this is one of their pillars.

And now it is 10 CHF.

1 Like

It was until they reached 100’000 customers :wink:

You can ignore it, but for total beginners or people who don’t want to do a DIY method, these Robo-Advisors are a better solution than going to a big bank or an insurance with crazy fees. For having testing Selma Finance, they were quite good and had a really good customer services. Although, I’ve decided to do a DIY method when I was more self-confident about it.

I agree with you, this is just a good greenwashing marketing method…

1 Like

What do people expect? Banking can’t be for free.

I believe that basic banking should be for free or for a really small one.

But that’s also true that Neon is burning the money quite fast

They get money on each card payment, but this business model needs a high volume of transactions.

2 Likes

How so? How should IT, compliance etc. be covered that way?

Their Metal premium subscription seems to launch soon.

Edit: the Green subscription also includes a three-year warranty extension on electronics.

Whether you consider that worth the price it or not, I‘d say that‘s certainly a premium feature.

There are always different possibilities and I am not talking about all services for free, but the basics ones. Card (bank makes money with the commissions), account.

Is it just me, or ist InsideParadeplatz an absolute garbage news outlet? Literally every article I’ve read on the last months was unfounded negative rumours about some bank. And apparently they are now even mixing “Schwurbler” bullshit in there…

Compared to NZZ’s business section, it‘s the equivalent of The Daily Star vs. The Times.

That said, they may be not that wrong on the long COVID thing. Do I believe that long-term effects of COVID are possible? Absolutely. But I do believe it’s often blown out of proportion in the media.

1 Like

I don’t see any particular bias except just general negativity about everything… (Also, I don’t have an opinion about if random banks are failing or not…)
It just seems like extremely bad quality, it’s creating fake alarming news out of nothing (“Oh no, some employees left a bank, it’s going to go bankrupt!!!?”).

Also I’m pretty sure that specifically a show on SRF didn’t create Long Covid… It’s just garbage reporting independent of what your opinion on the topic is.

2 Likes

If Neon would face bankruptcy I saw in their contracts that Hypo Lenzburg would take the assets (at least up to 100’000CHF) does anybody know if they could implement a total different structure like adding fees or would they be bound by the set-up of Neon?

1 Like

Are you asking if the CEO of Hypo L. is reading this forum?

They save 100k of assets and then you can get them back from them. That’s it. They might buy the failing company in order to implement part of it maybe. Or they just let it fail. As long as you have less than 100k in them it’s not a huge deal (big deal, yes).

If Neon would fail that would be kinda ironic, because I opened an account with them and not Wise because I thought Neon would be the safer option. But as long as the deposit insurance works all is good I guess.

That being said, I find it hard to believe they are going bankrupt. They just raised millions of fresh capital last summer. That can‘t be all gone already, right?

1 Like

It’s just a very small bank I know and still it would be interesting to see if the deposit insurance would really work as it’s always proclaimed. I heard that so often that below 100000 CHF everything is fine but as with every insurance you will only know once the house is already burning. Hopefully we will never find out

As @Patron said: Neon isn‘t a bank, they don‘t have a banking license. They merely provide an app to open and manage a Hypothekarbank Lenzburg account. If Neon goes bankrupt, it can‘t impact the funds held with Hypothekarbank Lenzburg. The latter wouldn’t „take“ the assets since they‘re already legally held at the bank. Just as any other bank, Hypothekarbank Lenzburg could, of course, change the terms, conditions and fees for account holders.

3 Likes

I received my new Neon card and I wasn’t able to add it to my Google Pay wallet, has anyone been able to? It worked for my previous Neon card.