I need some help choosing a portfolio.
A few words about me:
37 years old
Married, father of two
Swiss resident and Swiss citizen
My financial situation (all in CHF)
- 470k invested in our house
- 100k in Swiss pension system (2nd and 3rd pillar)
- 100k in cash ready to be invested
- 40k in the stocks of the tech company I work with
- I’d like to invest the 100k I currently have in cash in ETFs
- looking for long term investment, I plan to hold my portfolio until my retirement in 15-25years.
- I consider myself quite risk tolerant. Have seen 20% drops my funds before and did not get overly nervous about it (didn’t feel like buying more, though).
- Given that I have a lot of low risk assets (house, pension), I’d go for 100% stocks.
- looking for low cost and low tax options. I just opened an account with Interactive Brokers and plan to use it to buy ETFs.
Choice of ETFs
- I thought about going for 60% VXUS and 40% VTI but I don’t really have a clue.
- Is that a sound choice for a Swiss investor?
- any recommended alternatives?
- Maybe adding some emerging markets? Or small caps?