Mustachian Skiing

How do you approach
“I want to go for a one day ski trip”
where i basically mean using a day pass in one of the sizable swiss resorts.
The best I know is to use the snow & rail offers from sbb. They are available for most of the resorts that are good for a day trip.

do you have any tricks?

small stuff:

• early bird: best slopes, snow & least people early in the morning
  • pack your lunch, dont use the huts
  • use GA for free of cost travel :smiley:

Go on any day from Tuesday to Thursday… There are less people on the slopes. Monday and Friday can be busy with 80%ers and company excursions.

If you are really into skiing/snowboarding I recommend you to pick one place per season. You can get a all season pass for many places that are cost the equivalent of 8-12 one day passes. Every extra day is basically free.

To me even more rewarding is to start ski touring. Most resorts offer ski touring tickets with prices at a fraction of a day pass or even better you do tours that don’t involve ski lifts.

1. Snow Republic’s “Ski Passport”. Goes for CHF 44.- before season (then 66.-, then 88.-). It allows you to buy two ski passes for the price of one. The catch? You can use it only once per resort, and most of participating resorts are in Western Switzerland.
  2. Ticketcorner Friends & Members subscription (50 CHF per year), you get 20% off in 40 ski resorts for up to 6 (I think) people: http://www.friends-members.ch/angebote/ski. I haven’t used this one yet, but since it works for my favorite resort (Arosa/Lenzerheide), I may consider it next year.
  3. Skioo.ch. Apart from not having to queue and thinking what type of ski pass to buy (they promise to charge you the best price for you day), the also have discounts sometimes. The card worth it even w/o the discounts, in my opinion. The only problem are some legacy resorts that don’t support it (what a disgrace! :angry:).
3 Likes

Interesting stuff! I didn’t know any of those. thanks!