Mustachian Books Collective Recommendations

If I really want the paper version, I’d go to Amazon.
But for 90% of books I get the epub version for free on libgen.io

Exemple with Your Money or your Life

1 Like

I have all of them in epub version, but I really don’t like to read on the computer :man_shrugging:

In my case I bought a second-hand Kindle on tutti.ch for 30 CHF.
This solved the matter for me, but I acknowledge that not everybody likes to read on an e-reader.

3 Likes

I bought 3, I think it will be good to start learning.

• Your Money or Your Life
  • The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing
  • The Bogleheads’ Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio
1 Like

I used to buy books from www.bookdepository.com, but for some reason they no longer accept my credit card. Another site is www.abebooks.com, but they tend to be a bit more expensive.

Is this website legal?

It’s not illegal to download stuff for private use in Switzerland with blatant disregard for copyright, as long as you don’t upload it back (eg via torrent). There’s maybe something in the laws about stuff like CP, I’m not sure, but copyright is totally ignorable unless you upload the stuff or use publicly in some other way without permission

1 Like

One book I suggest to everyone is “The 7 habits of highly effective people” by S. Covey. I also re-read it regularly.

1 Like

A few titles that fascinated me in the past year:

• The one I’m reading right now, amazing write-up on core principles of acquiring wealth by George Samuel Clason back from 1926. Timeless: Richest man in Babylon

• Not a financial one, but about incredible ways that we as a human kind have learned about the world and ourselves: The Discoverers

• I find Harari’s work great - read the already recommended Sapiens, about to read Homo Deus soon, and looking forward to the latest one 21 Lessons for the 21st Century.

2 Likes

The best book I’ve read lately:

Very enjoyable and easy to read.

7 Likes

Let’s bring this thread back from the dead :slight_smile:

I noticed that some links are dead @Julianek
Any new books to add?
This book will come out with an update in May:
https://www.amazon.com/Influence-New-Expanded-Psychology-Persuasion-ebook/dp/B08HZ57WYN/

1 Like

Well it depends what you want to read…

• Three years later, Poor Charlie’s Almanack is still my favorite book and I re-read every year. If you want to get a glimse of it, here are three extracts:
  • The Buffett Letters to Shareholders are free and will teach you more about investing than any Youtube channel. The content is a bit scattered among all letters, but Lawrence Cunningham took the time to group his writings by thematics in The essays of Warren Buffett
  • Someone released last December the integrality of the Nomad Invesment Partnership Letters by Nick Sleep. I couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas gift. Highly recommended, Nick Sleep is an amazing thinker and a legendary investor.
  • The Joys of Compounding by Gautam Baid is another very good investing book. The author summarizes in the book what took me a long time to figure out.
  • Quality Investing by Lawrence Cunningham is an outstanding book on competitive advantages

Well, that’s it for now. I could list many more books, but if you read these (and, most importantly, internalize it), you will have a helluva good time, both intellectually and financially.

10 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to remember books and build useful knowledge

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to remember books and build useful knowledge

I enjoyed this one recently

https://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Money-Timeless-lessons-happiness/dp/0857197681

2 Likes

+1 for the Richest Man in Babylon ! :wink:

Just finished with Atomic Habits from James Clear.

Do you guys have some books about crypto to recommend ?

1 Like

As a highly responsible bookaholic :books: let me bust the dust out of this thread and bring it to 2023.

Please share 3 books (or less) related to mustachian’s topics (or “almost”… productivity, investment, life management…) that you read in 2022 and that you would recommend !

I start (without any particular order):
Deep Work by Cal Newport
The Great Mental Models by Share Parish

Ongoing:
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

…and recently someone recommended me to read Stolen Focus by Johann Hari.

3 Likes

Can recommend it as well :+1:

1 Like

Can highly recommend it.

I’ll continue the list:

• The Most Important Thing by Howard Marks
  • The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey
  • Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker (not actually related to anything mustachian, but surely connected to productivity in some way. One of the most eye opening books I’ve read last year)
2 Likes