Proabably you are new here and wonder what all these abbreviations mean? here you go:
This is a wiki article, so please add abbreviations you find relevant!
- FIRE - Financially independent, retire early: what this is all about!
- ETF - exchange traded fund, the favourite investment vehicle for mustachians
- TER - Total expense ratio, the cost of running a fund that is deducted yearly from the investor’s shares
- EM - Emerging market, a market with higher risk/return profile than the developed world
- IPS - Investment Policy Statement, a document that describes your investment intention and at times reminds you. something between a psychological trick and a true advisor.
- AUM - Assets Under Management, basically all the investor-owned money that a fund manages
- SWR - Savings Withdrawal Ratio, the fraction of yearly payout from your assets to live of. find the ultimate Guide here. Typical values are in the range of 2-4%. Depending on the literature, can also mean “Safe Withdrawal rate”.
- VT - Vanguard Total World Stock ETF, the all-world-stock-ETF
- VTI - Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF, the all-US-stock ETF
- VWO - Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF
- VXUS - Vanguard Total International Stock ETF, all-world-ex-US ETF, “= VT minus VTI”
- VWRD - FTSE All-World UCITS ETF, also known as VWRL, Vanguard’s IE- based all world ETF
- VDEM - FTSE Emerging Markets UCITS ETF, Vanguard’s IE-based EM ETF
- IB - Interactive Brokers, considered the cheapest and maybe best current broker by swiss mustachians. US/UK based
- TWS - Trader Work Station, the trading software client from IB
- CT - Cornertrader, considered cheapest Swiss-based broker
- ICO - initial coin offering, highly speculative bet on (usually) startup companies. Insanely high risk and return profile.