[MINI TUTO] TV for free with Swisscom picture quality

Did you try over wifi or ethernet?

Wifi as I don’t have a practical Router position for cable.
I find it weird that at least 1 works, so I was wondering if I’m the only one

Did anyone have success with Init7 + VLC media player?

why not jut use the “regular” streams provided by init7?

https://api.init7.net/tvchannels.m3u (from here: Can I watch TV channels on other devices?)

Sure, either would do. Likely my Init7-provided router (Zyxel AX7501-B0) is misconfigured from an IGMP-standpoint as the web interface doesn’t correlate with the documentation provided by Init7 (https://www.init7.net/de/support/routerinfos/zyxel_igmp-proxy.pdf)

Curious: how come this is publicly available and legal? I know the IPTV “hack” because once I wanted to watch some sports coverage on Polish TV from Switzerland and the Polish providers geoblock Swiss IP. So I found out that there are paid IPTV providers that operate outside of Poland (not sure how legal they are but they cost like $100 per year for a full list of channels, which is considerably less than regular cable/satellite subscription in Poland). Then you obtain a personalized m3u file, install an m3u player app on your Smart TV / Apple TV and you can watch it on TV.

And then there are these forums, where you can find people sharing their personalized m3u files (which probably is illegal). These m3u files contain links with login and password of a certain user and they are usually disabled soon after, as soon as the provider discovers that hundreds of people use credentials of one account.

But in the m3u files you linked I did not find any login details. However, they don’t work for me (Salt internet).

EDIT: OK I read through the github page. So these m3u files only work for a specific provider. E.g. you need to have Swisscom internet and then you can use the Swisscom m3u channel list (but also if you’re not paying for the TV option? that would again probably be a hack, something which Swisscom wouldn’t be happy about).

1 Like

If you have an Android TV I can only recommend the app TiviMate to load the m3u channel list. It costs 20$ but it’s perfect.

Most providers “multicast” the TV-signal to their network. Therefore, one with access to the network has access to the streams. And IMHO so does one with access to the network via a “reseller” (e.g., wingo on the swisscom net)