Migros CC: Migros is leaving Cembra soon

We just signed the papers. So no payment yet but my plan is to set up LSV from the joint account. If it doesn’t work, I will pay separately. I don’t mind scanning a bill once in a month.

If anyone got the card please check if Revolut top up is free.

3 Likes

The issue is to remember to scan the bill. If you don’t have the paper bill option on (that costs 2CHF or so) it’s very easy to forget to login to the Cembra site and download the bill.

You get an email, so you need to forget that as well. It happens.
It also happens when the App “forget” to push to you the message that a new Bill is available. It happened to me with another card.

2 Likes

It’s going to come, around end August/September (summer time break got priority ;))

3 Likes

I totally understand this issue. But you can still use direct debit LSV in case of Certo cards.

2 Likes

They warn you a few days before and are usually operating around the same time in the month, it’s really not much different from paying your bill in 4-5 days. Granted, that’s still worse conditions than a regular bill but monthly consumption money is short term money, there are not a lot of places we could store it elsewhere.

Not bearable for you. We all have our preferences and, indeed, for people who consider e-bills a mandatory feature, Cembra cards are a no go. Other people search for other things and would consider other 21st century means of payment as a no go (I, for example, can’t find an appeal to things like Apple Pay and the likes, there are already way too many vulnerabilities concentrated in our "smart"phones).

But yes, not having that feature is a minus for the card. How strong of a con it is depends on every potential client’s assessment (it’s a zero drawback for me, it will be a hard pass for others).

4 Likes

I’v honestly also switched to Certo. The cashback is better and i still get my cumulus points… and it was just very convenient (1-click in the Cembra app).

As for the 2% cashback possibility at Migros with Certo!+Cumulus - it’s worth pointing out that the new Cumulus card offers that too for the first year:

Note also that with Certo! - we’re probably only talking about Migros grocery shop itself, while with the new Cumulus one it’s likely 2% for their entire network (SportXX, Migrolino, etc).

Good point for Migros I guess !

1 Like

No, they probably don’t: HZ Kreditkartentest

According to HZ in May 2022 the overall cost was 4.1% (with the Mastercard), I would be surprised if the Amex then would be cheaper. But you do get the 1% cashback, so net would be 3.1%.

Otherwise I absolutely agree. The new Cumulus is not competitive for foreign transactions (and neither for domestic ones).

A surprise for me from the HZ test: Apparently the ZAK Visa Debit is also very good, 0.4% overall costs, compared to about 0.2% for Wise and bascially 0 for Revolut, Neon, Yapeal.

3 Likes

I ordered the new Cumulus card last wednesday, with the One app. 15 minutes after, I already used it to order something online. Very fast and convenient process. I got the physical card saturday.

I send a resiliation letter to Cembra, because the new Certo One is better than the Certo World (choice of the 3 stores with 1% cashback). Why offer an inferior product to the existing customers ? Truly a detestable practice. And no eBill in 2022… really ?

Not the same experience for me. Did the registration in the one app, then it stopped reacting.
I contacted the support and 5 days later I’m still waiting for an answer. I got an email confirmation of the request but that’s it.

2 Likes

Try to call them, in my experience they were competent and I got someone on the line in less than 5 minutes.

Has anybody already received the new Certo One card (new one one where you can choose cashback shops yourself)? I have filled and signed their onboarding it on the day of publication a few weeks ago (I did not want to do the exchange to the Cumulus card replacement because the cashback conditions are worse). So far, I have not heard anything back from them.

Same here. I have not heard anything back from them yet.

No, I haven’t heard anything either from them.

I have cancelled my old card (Cumulus Mastercard) last Friday and it was immediately terminated. At the same time I applied for Certo One and just rang them earlier today as I haven’t heard anything - apparently it will take 3-4 weeks from the application date to get anything back from them… wth?!

I went for the replacement card and got that only a few days later (I might get the better new card later on). Only glitch there was that the old card stopped working at once (it was supposed to continue working for 30 days) and in the app the available amount stays at 0. Card works fine though, switch was very easy and quick.