Migros CC: Migros is leaving Cembra soon

Same here. Things work fine generally and the Aldi 1% cashback also works for their online shop, which is a nice small extra.

One annoyance though, the app seems to snap back to paper invoices for some reason. I got 3 monthly paper invoice now and I am sure that I switched them off (4 times now). But at least I haven’t noticed that they billed me for the paper invoices (they are supposed to cost 2 CHF or something). Anybody else got that problem?

1 Like

Same issue here, I switch it off every month and I get a paper bill every month, but they never charged for it.

Not the same in Geneva. I receive electronic receipts in the app.
However I never managed to login to their website from my laptop. I do everything from the app.

Same issue for me here. Doesn’t matter how many times I turn it off, at least it isn’t being charged so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here - get paper receipts without paying and keep switching it off. Otherwise happy with the setup in combination with neon for foreign transactions

Do you use an iPhone? Maybe the bug is only on Android

I use an iPhone and I am also impacted.

Yes I use an iPhone 12

Yeah, I have an Iphone as well. But I guess they can’t charge if the issue affects quite a few, good to know. Still a waste of paper…

1 Like

How do you exactly withdraw cash at Migros using the new Migros credit card for free?

Do you go to the cashier and ask to withdraw money with the credit card?

Yes. Cashier at the “Info Point” it is, here at my local Migros

1 Like

I simply go to the cashier when I make a purchase and ask to withdraw the amount I want. It works perfectly.

3 Likes

I am extremely satisfied with the new Cumulus card.
Everything works perfectly well and I find the Viseca One app very practical and functional.

I have not yet made any physical purchases abroad with the card though. Nothing to add, very satisfied.

Not sure why Migros Card’s the best allround card if you don’t seek Cumulus points? Isn’t the Amex/Cembra combo with 1% cashback in hard currency better?

1 Like

My take, if you are dead set on using only 1 card or want the insurance go Migros. If you want to maximize cashback use Swisscard / Cembra combo in Switzerland, plus ideally a card for non-Swiss transactions like Wise or Neon.

2 Likes

The ratio between the minimal set up and the return is for me reached by using exclusively the Cumulus card.

With the other cards, I always have to carry two cards (either because the Amex is not accepted everywhere, for example, or because I need a card for purchases abroad).

In the end, I find the compromise with the Cumulus to be the best one for my use.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know how to get a tax statement for the cumulus card? I had it with cembra or swisscards but cannot find it in the viseca app.

For Swisscard cashback Amex and Mastercard:

Does anyone know how you can see a statement of which transactions you have received / not received cash back credit?

I don’t think you can see it directly.

I used to download a monthly transactions extract as csv from the old web portal and then compute the cashback myself in Excel based on the card used.
If any cashback is “missing” you can work your way back and try to identify which transactions did not get awarded any cashback. It is not that difficult, especially if you are looking for something in particular.

That being said, maybe the csv extracts are different with the new web portal… haven’t tried.

AFAIK those transactions do not reward any cashback:

• Purchases you returned, i.e., the transaction was subsequently refunded to the card;
  • Cash equivalent, e.g., topping up your Revolut account or ATM withdrawals;
  • Other exceptions that you can find in the terms and conditions.
1 Like

I received a letter from Migros Bank this morning with the new rates and conditions starting May 1st.

Except for the phone number of the support which has changed, I did not see any difference. Did anyone receive the same letter?

2 Likes