Manor new mastercard

Hello,

Apparently, the new Manor mastercard offers 0.5% cashback when you use it outside of Manor. So I guess it is now the new best card for all swiss-based-CHF transactions where they don’t take Amex - except maybe the Fnac Mastercard for some people.

2 Likes

I hope Coop and Migros will align! :slight_smile:

Is it really cashback if you can only spend it at manor? (Is it just a last ditch attempt to increase revenue? retailers haven’t doing so well this year)

1 Like

Given the high prices at Manor, I don’t think it’s such a great offer. I never spend money at Manor. I still prefer the 0.33% cashback at Migros than 0.5% at Manor.

The best mocca yogurts are 1.8 CHF for 4 instead of 2.15 CHF at Coop (different brands but I don’t see the difference). They sometimes have good offers. But usually you can use your Amex in a lot of places, so you shouldn’t have too much money back from your mastercard.

1 Like

I think it is more probable that it’s about Viseca trying to get customers from Cembra and Swisscards, than Manor trying to increase its sales.

Isn’t there a visa cashback card which pays 0.5%?

I think it only gives 0.25% (now?) https://www.cashback-karte.ch/fr/

the 0.5% “cashback” is for purchases outside Manor.

However it’s not cashback, it’s points you can use in Manor…

I prefer the Amex-Visa/MC combo with 1% back in cash. I can use Amex in most of my shopping in CH (just don’t use it internationally!)

If someone is interested I can share the my link. I think you get 5% in the first months (up to 200 CHF) and I also get something :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am interested in the link! Thank you!

My code is FC40X8BFZ and you need to put it manually in the sign up process on https://www.cashback-cards.ch

Looks like with this code each of us get CHF 40 and you still get the 5% on Amex purchases on the first 3 months (up to CHF 100) they offer for any new subscription - sorry for the false advertising, I believe it was higher when I signed up, or maybe I am confusing.

After that, 1% cashback for the Amex and 0,2% on the Visa or MC (so this last one use only as back up when Amex is not an option). They credit it to you in cash once a year.

Just NEVER use it for purchases outside CH or in other currency or you have a fee of 2.5% which defeats the purpose. For these you should stick with Revolut or Neon.