Looking for smart Tax advisor in the Zurich area

Hi guys

I am looking for a good tax advisor in the Zurich area.

Since I changed my job and earn significantly more, and tax progression hits me hard.

I am in a normal employment without any complicated holdings / companies and my net worth is in the low 6 figures range at the moment.

However, I trade options on my IB account from time to time, and will probably also enter the margin trading environment.

Therefore I am looking for a competent advisor that can help my optimise my taxes.

Can anyone recommend someone? Advice would be highly appreciated.

Thx

cyberhigh

Out of curiosity, what do you expect? From what I’ve seen there’s no magical wand that tax advisors have.

They’ll mention pillar 2/3 contributions, and the rest of the standard deductions, maybe with some extra morally dubious deductions (deducting things that you didn’t actually do because they kinda know which numbers are small enough to not require justifications, but not even sure you save enough extra in taxes with those to recover the cost of the advsior).
But they are all still pretty standard and already listed in the app.

If you really want to save on taxes, just move to a low tax place, that’s going to be way more effective :slight_smile:

Hi

Thx for the fast reply.

I just want someone who checks my tax declaration, in case I miss something.

In addition, I am not sure how capital gains on margin trades are taxed, and would also want some advice there.

“But they are all still pretty standard and already listed in the app.” --> Which app are you referring to?

“If you really want to save on taxes, just move to a low tax place, that’s going to be way more effective :slight_smile:” --> yes, we are considering this, but coming from Basel, Zurich is already pretty OK :slight_smile:

Best,

cyberhigh

Yeah, that would make things more complicated. That said being classified as professional investor is not a given, likely depends on volume/gain vs. employment income for example, in which case there would be no capital gain (but I suppose the margin has to be properly declared, sorry no experience in that area).

I mean the zurich tax website (but I’m sure the other website/app like etax/drtax work the same)

By reading and partipating to this forum, you confirm you have read and agree with the disclaimer presented on http://www.mustachianpost.com/
En lisant et participant à ce forum, vous confirmez avoir lu et être d'accord avec l'avis de dégagement de responsabilité présenté sur http://www.mustachianpost.com/fr/