Let's have a beer and discuss finances in Berne (February 2019)!

Hallo zusammen,

(for all German-o-phobes: Don’t worry, knowledge in (Swiss) German is not mandatory. Please just participate in the Doodle)

wie angekündigt möchte ich ein Treffen in Bern organisieren, und zwar am 12. oder 13. Februar 2019. Bitte tragt euch im Doodle ein und leitet den Link an Interessierte weiter:
Meetup in Berne, February 2019

Als Treffpunkt habe ich mir das “Alte Tramdepot” ausgesucht.[Edit: Cha Cha, s. Update unten / Update below). J.] Da sitzt man nett und kann auch etwas trinken. Falls jemand einen Treffpunkt näher am Bahnhof bevorzugt: Bitte schlagt einen Ort vor.

Eine konkrete Agenda habe ich nicht. Ich denke, als Finanzinteressierte/r gibt es viele typsiche Fragen:

• Wo informiere ich mich?
  • Wie fange ich an?
  • Mache ich alles richtig?
  • Wie regele ich das mit Depot, Steuern, Kindern…?
    Aber ich denke, wir sollten erst mal sehen, wer noch ein Dilettant und wer schon ein Guru ist, und welche Fragen wir besser zusammen beantworten können als alleine.

Eine einzige Regel gibt’s für die Teilnahme: Wer mit Finanzen sein Geld verdient, möge dies mir bitte vorher klar mitteilen.

Viel Grüße,

J.

1 Like

I could come on both dates.
I do not understand your question:

Do you mean a professional investor who is able to live from his own money or do you mean a professional getting a salary for investing the money of others.

Freundliche Grüsse.

If you go to sell your stuff you should tell it first.

:slight_smile:

I have the same question as @bamboo

I don’t understand why it should be a rule to tell you this beforehand in any case?

Hi there,

it’s meant as in “If you sell financial products or services, please tell me so in advance.”

I assume these meetups to be meetings among peers: We talk about how we do things ourselves, we learn from each other and we share quite a bit of personal information. If someone is present who’s doing this professionally: Very interesting! But also a potential source of conflict as he might be leaning towards his own product or service.

From someone who organizes meetups like these in Germany, I’ve heard that some have been targeted by people whose primary goal was to find new customers. That’s not the kind of meeting I want to organize.

Did this clear up things? Does this sound unreasonable? I just imagine we have a nice discussion and someone really makes a good case for a certain asset or product - and surprise: He just happens to sell that.

Cheers,

J.

1 Like

Hallo zusammen,

eine Erinnerung: Das erste Treffen in Bern (Schnurrbart ist keine Pflicht) findet am 12. oder 13. Februar im “Alten Tramdepot” in Bern statt. Bitte gebt mir Bescheid, welcher Termin euch besser passt: Doodle hier. Dann kann ich besser planen und eine genaue Zahl für die Tischreservierung angeben.

J.

Hi there, just a reminder: The first Berne meetup (mustache non mandatory) will take place in the Brewerey/restaurant “Altes Tramdepot” on either the 12th or 13th of February. Please let me know if you plan on participating and what your preferred date would be: Doodle here. This makes planning and reserving a table easier.

J.

Hey Johnny! Very nice thanks for organizing, I will be available for both day and I can bring a +1 so count on that

Hi everyone,

the Berne meetup is approaching fast! We’ll meet
next Wednesday, February 13th, 7:00 pm
at Cha Cha Thai
von Werdt-Passage 8
3011 Bern
Google Maps
You’ll recognize me by my mustache, of course!

I’ve had to reschedule from the Tramdepot as they’re undergoing renovations and won’t reopen before February, 14th. The Cha Cha seemed to be a good plan B as it’s also very conveniently located near the main station.

I’ve reserved a table for five: @demian91 (incl. +1), @bamboo, @Ivan and me. I’m sure that we can add one or two to the table (it’s a weekday and not Valentine’s Day). But to be sure, please let me know and I’ll update the reservation. Please also make anyone aware of the change that might not be a regular reader of this forum or followed the doodle closely.

See you next Wednesday!

Cheers,

J.

PS: Eigentlich ist es ein deutschsprachiges Meetup, aber: English spoken! On parle français (un peu)!

Thank-you for the organization.
I enjoy Thai food but will the beer from Tramdepot has no equivalent in town.
Bis nächste Woche.