Investment plan strateo worth it?

I’m CH citizen. Anyone has experience with Strateo investment plan “Strateo Invest”? I would like to start my investments with 1 fund (UBP Swiss).
What about fees, deposit, app?

1 Like

I can’t find that fund, do you have a link ? Edit : Do you mean UBAM Swiss Equity AC ? There is 1.4% fees in the fund.

It looks to me that Strateo Invest is a free program to buy high fees funds.

yes, right. anyone investing in “strateo invest”?

ubam ch equity

Well in fact i have already a global portfolio. Wanted specific swiss fund. made several (around 10-12) other CH fund equities comparisons. All base indicators are so far the best. you are hopefully not telling me, that you are judging a fund solely on “too expensive”.

1 Like

the question is: has someone in the forum experience to share for “strateo invest”? any other fund saving plans apart strateo worth it?

Ok I see. Religiously about ETF … nevermind. Forget it.

The question is: What are you getting for the price you pay?

UBAM Swiss Equity AC1
9.1% Roche Holdings
8.4% Nestle nom.
7.8% NOVARTIS AG-REG
7.1% Lonza Group
4.9% Zurich Insurance Group AG
4.5% Partners group
4.5% GIVAUDAN-REG
3.9% Sika
3.4% GEBERIT AG-REG
3.1% Swiss Life Holding

UBS ETF (CH) SLI® (CHF) A-dis (as of last week)
8.82% Nestle SA
8.67% Roche Holding AG
8.27% Novartis AG
7.74% Zurich Insurance Group AG
5.07% Lonza Group AG
5.06% ABB Ltd
4.66% UBS Group AG
4.44% Givaudan SA
4.19% Sika AG
4.16% Cie Financiere Richemont SA
4.1% Alcon Inc
3.59% Credit Suisse Group
3.33% LafargeHolcim
3.27% Swiss Re
3.00% Partners Group
2.77% Geberit
2.18% SGS
1.86% Swisscom
1.73% Logitech
1.67% Sonova Holding
1.67% Swiss Life Holding

• Top three constituents, accounting for 26% of the overall funds are basically identical, save for a percentage point or so.
  • The weights of the next two biggest components (Zurich Insurance and Lonza Group) are roughly swapped (though only for a 2-3 percentage points overall), accounting for another 12% overall.
  • Givaudan, Sika and Geberit are also weighted roughly similarly. So far, these 8 positions in aggregate make up approximately half (50%) of both funds - and they’re virtually identical.
  • UBAM Swiss Equity AC1 hast overweighted Partners Group and Swiss Life, compared to SLI. Though again, only by a 1.5 percentage points overall.

Comparing the two on swissfunddata.ch, the graph looks rather unsurprising:

While the UBP fund isn’t trying to explicitly replicate it, it’s certainly hugging the index. Also, if you are a Swiss citizen, you have spent (or are going to) a longer period of your work history in Switzerland and have a market value-weighted global portfolio, chances are that you are already significantly invested in these stocks, by way of your pension fund.

My personal opinion:
Deciding between two products that are more or less the same (and it’s not as if intangibles would affect my decision here, such as having a great affinity or much higher degree of trust in either UBP or UBS) or highly similar, I might just as well decide on the basis of price and costs.

I might be willing to pay much higher fees or incur costs for an offering that is radically or at least substantially different - in this case from a market-value weighted Swiss index. If that needs to be Swiss, it might possibly be investing in a SMIM fund.

8 Likes

You are absolutely right. Great analysis and thanks for the time you took to summarize it. Finally some great advice. thumbs up.