Investing your 2nd pillar

Does anyone know if we can keep the money in the vested account till we please? Or once you go back to work we have to transfer it to the employer fund?

By law you are required to transfer your money to the fund of your new employer. However, no one will sue you if you don’t. It could just get complicated (and potentially an actual legal issue) if you then have withdrawals e.g. for real estate later on.

1 Like

Hi all - I’m also looking to invest my 2nd pillar in securities. Loved all the suggestions - does anyone know what happened with the VIAC 2nd pillar offerings - I don’t see them on their webpage
@Demian91 and @nugget - would love to know where you landed and how happy you are with your choices. Thanks for any feedback!

In a recent exchange with a representative of VIAC I was told that they aim to launch their vested benefits solution “mid to end of April”. I know they’ve been saying that they’d launch for a while, but thought I’d share it anyhow.

2 Likes

Damn it! I need it ready by end of next month.

more postponing

i have an email from december 2018, where the forecast was summer 2019. let’s wait more

the good thing: opportunity cost is of the order of 1% (pension fund compouding minus bank account compounding), so quite negligible.

2 Likes

I wonder if they have legal and structure issues, because the interface should be quite similar to pillar 3.

can you share any details re: process of transferring 2nd pillar to WIR? was it straightforward?

Sorry for my late reply. I just asked wir to open a FreizĂŒgigkeitskonto for me

hi reviving this old thread. My wife is in the similar situation where she will take a break from work for personal reasons and we’d like to park her Pillars 2 savings. Is VIAC still the best option? Am I looking at this correctly Vested benefits – VIAC

thanks!
C