Interactive Brokers to Google Sheets

Hey,

I would like to get real time (read only) data from my IB account into Google Sheets, mostly for portfolio tracking purposes. I tried a lot of things already:

• I am aware I can replicate a portfolio in Google Sheets, but that’s not good enough for me

• you can get it work with a local Java client, but I don’t like that

• you can get a daily “flexquery” csv import (I have that, it’s just not real time)

• there is a web flex query gateway, but it’s only updated 1x per day

• there is a Yahoo Finance integration, I could scrape the data in real time from there

Does anyone have a better idea, or maybe a 3rd party tool they use?

1 Like

I use the build-in options in MS Excel :smiley:

I wonder what is not good enough with that?
Googlefinance function is quite rich, should be able to cover whatever IB provides you (daily, total P/L, etc.)
Yes it may have up to 5min delay, but so does the official IB mobile app - I don’t see it as a terrible issue.

1 Like

It’s a good question! I have lots of exotic stuff at IB (puts, small cap values, short ETF etc) that I haven’t found in Google Finance. Unless I am missing something there? I assume there is no way to query the IB database via Googlefinance, correct?

2 Likes

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had written any scripts to parse the Interactive Brokers flex query using google scripts into google sheets?

I know this is super late, but you can simply have the Flex Query produce a CSV which can be read in using the =IMPORTDATA(<URL>) function.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m late to this chat but I’ve got the same issue trying to view my IBKR data from Google Sheets as Thurston. I reached out to www.movinglake.com which seems to use some kind of connector between IBKR and Google Sheets; anyone have any luck with them or any other solution?

1 Like