Interactive Brokers Q&A [2023]

Thank you @thepoorswiss, do you have also experience in the other direction?

Doing domestic wire costs 0 for me.

What about receiving these money on Revolut instead of PayPal? Is it an option?

To everyone else: I would be glad to learn about USD transfer scheme that costs less than IB FX exchange fee of 2 USD :laughing:.

Yes, Revolut transfer works perfect.

Not at all, only sent USD to IB, never in the opposite direction.

Just gave a try and transferred 10$ from Paypal to IBKR using Xoom, which is a wiring service. Let’s see if this works as I can’t provide any notes in the Xoom transfer and IBKR wants to have the account name and number.

For the future I have changed the payout method to receive the money directly on Wise as this has a direct integration to IBKR, compared to Revolute.

Does either IBKR or Xoom provide you an individual bank account number for USD transfers?

As far as I know for IBKR this is a general account and you have to enter your name and customer number in some reference field, in addition to informing IBKR in advance about the payment amount.

Hi, I finally made the decision to open an account at IBKR. While reading about IBKR I came across:
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/referral-member-to-member.php

I hope I am not breaking any rules by asking for a referral link. I would be very happy, if there is somebody that wants to share a referral link. Seems like a win-win.

Thank you.

Turn on the privacy mode.

Has anyone been successful in requesting crypto trading permissions?

According to their FAQs, it seems that it should now be allowed for Swiss residents.

Doesn’t work for me, though. Is it possible that it only works for accounts booked at the Lux entity?

I tried a while ago and was denied saying it was not permitted for people registered with IBKR UK.

Do you know what bank is used by IBKR-UK to transfer cash assets nominated in CHF to Switzerland? I am trying to get this information from their support, which seems to be slow these days.
From what I know, domestic Swiss withdrawal transfers are not possible, and SWIFT is the only option. Here I would like to avoid fees of any intermediate/correspondence banks, so having few accounts in different Swiss banks, I could use the one to which they transfer directly from their UK (I assume) bank. Any recent experience?

Do you want to transfer CHF lying in your IBKR account (UK) to a Swiss bank account with CH IBAN? If so, it is straightforward and no fee is charged if it is first withdrawal of the month (12 CHF from second withdrawal). I used PostFinance account. (In 2022)

Or I simply misunderstood your post.

Yes, it’s exactly what I want to do.
Thank you for the info. I know the first transfer in the calendar month is free on the IBKR side. However, I think there were some changes recently and they can’t make domestic (Swiss) transfers but use SWIFT. In their withdrawal form, they warn that some intermediate/correspondence bank fees might be involved.

I had such an incoming CHF transfer to my Swiss bank from my IB UK account, received on 2.11.2023.
The full amount that left my IB account arrived.

1 Like

Thanks. Is it possible to disclose to which Swiss bank?

Migrosbank (20chars)

Also worked for me for NEON

Thank you. As I have an account in Neon (not in Migros Bank) it’s more helpful information for me. So if I understand correctly you have received the full amount from IBKR UK, right? Was it recently?