Interactive Brokers - lost 3.4%, dont' repeat my mistake!

I have a decent sized account with Portfolio Margin. I use leverage and have used Margin on several occasion. I have never been charged anything under “other”, let alone 1’800 Dollars. I would definitely be worried about that.
You should probably contact the support team to find out if you can’t find out yourself through the various reports.

Keep us posted please!

@Mr.Money

Thanks for the reply - I did contact the customer service team, underneath is their answer.
Feeling relieved!

IBCS 2020/04/25 08:25:57
Dear Mr. Paur

Thank you for your message.

The line “Other” in your report refers to the Mark-to-Market change of your portfolio. This line is only shown in a custom date range report. Once your monthly archived report for April will be available, the line will be included in the Mark-to-Market change.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind regards

Fabian
IBKR Customer Service

3 Likes

Hi KasparinSA

Interesting. Thanks for getting back. I just generated a custom timeframe report and I got the line item „other“ as well there.

Cheers

Is it me or this line is just very dumb? I mean MTM is already above it…why a second one?

2 Likes

And everyday, I learn something new on this forum… Thanks

True, typical quality customer feedback :smiley: I would push them further, but maybe this time they would just ignore you, since they clearly don’t know themselves.

1 Like

Hi everyone, do you know what it is the difference between the MTM line in the Default MTM summary and the Unrealizead P&L shown in the portfolio positions?

In theory I would expect them to be the same if calculated over the same time period (e.g. since inception) but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I am guessing this is due to Virtual FX position being included in the MTM summary, is that correct?

Let’s say I had 10 CHF as unrealized P&L in my base currency and my MTM change is only 6 CHF due to some virtual FX position from USD.CHF being valued at -4.
What would be my actual profit if I would have to sell my position? Will it be 10 CHF based on my Unrealized P&L or will it be 6 CHF?