Indexing crypto

I have started my crypto journey in early 2021.

In April 2022 I was hit by the implosion of UST “stablecoin”. These losses are non-recoverable.

In November 2022 I was again hit by FTX collapse. I might eventually recover something, but for now I count the deposit as a total loss.

At some points in 2022, I had losses of around 80% of invested amount.

Since January 2023 I am doing regular, steady, no-nonsense investment in a simple indexed crypto portfolio.

And now, when BTC has jumped over 51k USD and other coins are also rising, I am few percent in profit! (in nominal CHF terms).

An incredible roller-coaster.

6 Likes

Good news, it looks like we might receive 100% back (using crypto prices as of November 2022) FTX scraps plan to revive exchange and will repay billions to customers | FTX | The Guardian.

Reminds me something :joy:.

I am pretty satisfied with my top 20 market cap weighted index solution. I manage to buy rising coins when they enter the second decade before rising to top 10, like TON just now. SHIB had also jumped recently from something around #17 to currenly #10 . Even BCH made a feat, I can say.

A new addition this month is NEAR (#16). On the other hand, during the last few months I have removed from the index and sold ETC (currently #21, just at the limit to be included), ATOM, XLM, XMR. Particularly XMR is sinking.

The rebalancing is rather tedious, but it’s ok to do it once per month.