IBKR: Recurring Investments available!

It would be nice if there was a sweep cash once it accumulates over a certain amount option.

I’d be more happy with a conditional recurring order (on the first day of the month, buy x shares of y when the price is < z)

What’s a sweep cash? I could search it but I’m sure I’m not the only person with that question.

I just mean once it gets above a certain level sweep it into a MM fund or buy something with it.

1 Like

Has anyone here had recurring orders not execute?

I’ve had a fairly small one that did not execute yesterday, but I don’t see a reason, as margin is active and there was money on the account anyway.

AFAIK it won’t use margin for recurring investments.

You can’t use margin for these orders.

To clarify: I had 0 on the CHF, but 15k in USD.
Since it takes from the USD anyway, I thought if I converted everything to USD before the buy, it would just take it from there.
Recurring investements in the past have regurarly led to negative USD balances, I don’t see why it wouldn’t take from a positive USD balance.

Yeah that’s strange. Should have worked…

Maybe it was not settled yet?

No, the USD was there for a few day. I am changing everything back to USD in the hope that it will do the automatic currency conversion all in one.

According to the IBKR KB recurring investments, it should have gone through, I always had way more money than needed to execute the trade.

I’ll see what happens this week and write support.

hello, i have just seen this post and i noticed that the function is not displayed. do i have to activate any authorization to be able to activate the recurring investment?

I have the same issue. the option of recurrent trade is not available for me.

@noob , @kart0ffel , you have to activate fractional shares trading.

last month i activated that already. somehow i also have an error when i want to set the dividend payment to cash. i have actually set this, but the settings have been changed? i have written to support.

edit: has been fixed. is now available…

is now available for me too. I think @noob and I have been witnessing some maintenance in IBKR during the weekend, ha ha.

During weekends it is better to assume nothing works, I’ve seen many strange things. Good though that they often only deactive the modules they work on, instead of the whole site.

Sorry to highjack the topic, but is that a new feature? Do you know of any solutions that can cover several accounts, some with regular and some without contributions?

It’s been around since last year.

Don’t know what you mean, but you can set the recurring investments per account. Not sure about the dividends.

Anyway, end of highjacking. Continue discussion in the appropriate threads

I just read this on another forum - can anyone confirm?

:warning: Note: Avoid using fractional shares or automatic recurring investments with tiered pricing: a 1% commission is charged on fractional shares.

There certainly isn’t a 1% commission on the whole trade amount. As I understand it, a 1% commission is charged for the fractional part of the trade but only on European exchanges. Depending on the share price and trade amount, this may be noticeable.

2 Likes