IBKR GlobalTrader

You’re right. Except on globaltrader.interactivebrokers.co.uk you get the fixed tier pricing :rofl:

Isn’t that different from the normal fees of 2 USD per transaction?

But the break even point would be at a volume of 6666 USD, so it’s probably more convenient for most people.

4 Likes

Can one use an already existing login?

2 Likes

Yes you can!

The new app looks amazing!
Thank you for the heads up everyone!

Was somebody able to convert small amounts of cash without a usual 2 USD commission?

For now to me it looks like the functionality is exactly the same as with ibkr mobile.

I think it is refered to the forex trading product aka CFD, and not about the currency conversion of your CHF in USD for example.

Yes looks like you are right. Then I don’t see any new functionality.

And derivatives are not supported.

The pricing page does list “FX Auto Conversion” as “3 basis points of trade value”. This doesn’t sound like (leveraged) forex trading. However, this is pricing for new clients that sign up with GlobalTrader, as I understand it. For existing IBKR clients, my guess is that the pricing doesn’t depend on which app we use.

Ok, so currency auto conversion if instruments currency is different than the base currency. So they are kind of more competing with Degiro?

What’s this?

https://impact.interactivebrokers.com/

The IMPACT app is also available in the App Store.

ESG analysis and similar stuff.

1 Like

I could login with my account details and even access the funding options.

Guess I’m still on the current pricing, as the pricing page makes mention of “New US” customers only.

Has anyone successfully converted currency via the “Convert” button in GlobalTrader?

1 Like

I tried with my existing IB account. The preview shows usual fees around 2 USD.

My first attempt half an hour ago failed to convert with unspecified error.
Just successfully did it though.

I guess the lower “tiered” transaction fees on existing “Pro” accounts should compensate me for the higher FX minimums?

I downloaded the GlobalTrader app from the Apple Store this morning in order to try it. Unfortunately, when I try to log in, it open my IBRK Pro account.

Did I need to delete the IBKR Pro App or maybe set up by default the GlobalTrader as my IB Key ?

1 Like

+1 Exactly same issue

It’s just an UI simplified version of IBKR App, less functions - e.g. no News & Media.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Critique of IBKR

Looks like I’ll start using this version of the app. The look & feel is much better. Pity we non-US folks can’t benefit from the (even) cheaper rates :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: