Hire a cleaning person

We also hired a cleaning person and the process was exactly how @clon explained. Great summary btw.
So, we pay 100 for insurance, 27 per hour net salary and at the end of the year we get around 6 x working hours bill for AHV and co. Quite easy

+1 for Quitt.ch.
Easy, convenient, correctly priced.

1 Like

Hi @clon I’m finally registering the person following your inputs. Thanks!

I have a question regarding the “Vereinfachtes Abrechnungsverfahren”: https://www.sva-ag.ch/private/ihre-private-situation/haushalte-mit-angestellten/anmeldung

You pay 5% more and then you take this from the salary of the employees? I agreed the net salary with the employee, so I guess I would need to pay that 5%. Did you try to do it without the simplified way? Is then more complex?

It is very easy with the simplified version. They have somewhere on the website an excel file where you can put in your numbers. I hope they have updated the AHV percentage as this has changed since I downloaded the file. Unfortunately, I can’t find it at the moment.

EDIT: found the link. Then you can find it under beliebteste downloads - Vorlage Lohnabrechnung Stundenlohn

Thank you @Erma

But is 5% more expensive? Do you know the differences between simplified and not simplified?

In Geneva we use ChĂšque Service. They take care of the paper work.

We agreed on 30 chf per hour but we pay 27 netto.
At the end of the year we get a 6 chf bill per hour which includes our part of AHV (3 chf) and what we take from her salary (3 chf)
The numbers are rounded.

Yes, or No! :grimacing:

The 5% are the taxes (at source) on income of ypur employee. So, your employee does not have to pay any taxtes on this income

That’s why I’d agree on gross salary:

Gross salary - all the employee contributions (incl. the 5% taxes at spurce) = Net salary

Gross salary + all the employer contributions = your total costs

The non-simplified method is just this: Not simple (for you and your employee). E.g. you have to generate a ‘Lohnausweis’ pay contributions more often etc