Health insurance 2022

I just had to check details on charges as I have the same model with SWICA and we are planning to change to CSS. Here, Telmed will not lead to additional charges (https://www.css.ch/content/dam/css/de/documents/privatkunden/richtig-versichert/reglement/407_d_css_reglement_callmed.pdf). CSS is quite cheap in our area for 2022.

1 Like

Same here (Aargau) with CSS. The basic insurance is cheaper than what we have now and also cheaper than i.e. Swica or Assura.

I had a call with a CSS agent and with the Multimed you get a cheaper premium than with Telmed or HMO.

The calls remains free and it’s cheaper because:

• With Telmed you can then freely choose any doctor after the call.
  • With multimed you can make the call or go to the HMO, but after the call you cannot choose any doctor, you need to go to the HMO.
1 Like

Plus seems that deductible is cut to 400 from the usual 700.

I am switching to CSS (Arcosana) as well this year, first time after 7 years of being with SWICA. :slight_smile:

I have Assura too. Easy to reach on the phone and super clear to clarify every problem. I pay 360 a month and I have a base of 290. (Pharmed)

Argh you were few days too late reminding for the supplemental insurance change/cancellation - deadline for that is usually at least 3 months notice, i.e. end of Sept.
I blame you for missing mine! :grin:

1 Like

I was speaking about FRC website.

Alright, sorry. My french is horrible it looked the same to me :smiley:

To avoid a new thread, I just made some calculation, don’t know what it’s worth… for the base insurance with 2’500.- franchise :
I changed this year my health insurance to Helsana. Assura is cheaper but the overall quality of the support is sub par in my opinion. So with the BeneFit PLUS télémedecine and the 2.500.- franchise, without accident coverage (already coverd by my work), it makes me a total of 289.65/month.

I discovered then that they offer an interessting cashback model with the Helsana+ app. Basically you connect your fitness tracker, earn points for your daily move/workout and stuff, and with the point you earn you can easier have % discount of lot of shops/eshops, or just redeem the money.
You can have max 100pts per day or 400pts per week. You need :
16’000 pts to redeem 200.- CHF
9’000 pts for 100.- CHF
5’000pts for 50 CHF
3’000pts for 25 CHF

So if my calcul is correct, you can earn at maximum :
400 * 52 = 20’800 pts per year
With that you would be able to redeem 200+25.- CHF (and have some leftover for discounts), reducing your invoice to a monthly 270.90 CHF (((289.65*12)-250)/12)

Does that sound about right? I don’t know yet however how hard/realistic it is to max your activity points all year…

1 Like

Hi Zurtan,

I recently changed to Helsana and I am using Helsana+ as well.
As I don’t have any supplemental insurance I can only get 7500 points per year.

You also earn points if you use their other apps and use Helsana Coach. They have Fitness, Nutrition and Mindfulness programs for which you get 500 points when you complete. They come in 7, 10 and 24 days cycles which you can do over and over until there are no more programmes. I usually complete the Nutrition in 10 seconds just by clicking next next next and the other ones I just let play in the background while I prepare in the morning. You get also 10 points per each of these daily completions.

Also, the challenges they have are quite easy (draw a snowman for 150 points - 1.5 CHF, not a bad return for 5 seconds of work :smiley: )

Oh, I might have the same limitation then, have to check! thanks for pointing that out

Well, you haven’t seen MY snowmen then! Kidding, my kids are better than me…

1 Like

I believe most healthcare providers have a program like that (at least I know of Swica and CSS).
Nice way for them to collect your data. :wink:

2 Likes

I thought they defined them illegal…

1 Like

It is super popular in UK with Vitality. They ensure to attract good profile as well and keep you fit

I heard this argument several times but I don’t think it’s valid.
It is certainly true in retrospective: knowing how much you spent in a year, one of these two will turn out to be the best choice.
However, this is not how you can reason about an insurance.
An intermediate franchise seems like a perfectly valid choice for somebody who wants to limit the cost of choosing the wrong franchise

1 Like

Your argument is valid, but still sub optimal.

2 Likes