Half a millionaire, are we?

In my spreadsheet we reach that (small) symbolic number
BUT
I’ve calculated including the 2nd and 3rd pillars, but now I have some doubt, should I really consider those as part of our assets?

So can I open a bottle of wine or smoke a cigar or not? :smile:

8 Likes

Yes, it’s part of your net worth. At some point you’ll be able to get that money, so why not count it?

7 Likes

So I’m an halfy now! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I fully agree, I also count it. It is not very liquid asset class, but you could even use it prior to retirement if you wanted (real estate, start a company, migrate) and at a certain point you will have it in your bank account.

1 Like

rick dangerous, my dad played a lot with that game :smiley:

4 Likes

Your dad ?! This makes me feel pretty old… :scream: :joy:

3 Likes

I have never even heard of what (game?) you’re talking about. :woman_shrugging:

(Well, how does that make you feel?)

1 Like

Are you implying that I might be your grandfather ?! :triumph: :firecracker: :crazy_face:

Well, that game was published in 1989 only, I did’n realise there were so many ‘poppies’ round here :grimacing:

1 Like

A guy from the previous millennium?

no, in fact was the Rick Dangerous 2, and my dad was already white when playing it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You alone or together with your spouse?

1 Like

Don’t forget to account on the withdrawal tax. In my nw I account for (2P LPP value x 0.92). Withdrawal tax in my canton is ~8%

Sorry if I am a killjoy

1 Like

I asked the same question a while ago: click

The general consent was to include 2nd and 3rd pillars. I use PortfolioPerformance to track my assets. I have made a “more liquid” view without the pillars and another, more complete but less liquid view, with.

3 Likes

Keep track of liquid and illiquid net worth. When you reach 500 k of liquid net worth, party again.

2 Likes