Goodbye Bonviva Platinum

I have a Bonviva Platinum at CS : until now we still got 0.4% interest (before it was even higher), but this will end on 01.01.2021, and the 0.4% will be replaced by 0.01%. At least it’s not negative (yet), but still quite a change. Time to move my emergency savings account somewhere else I guess… :slight_smile:

(on the right the message received via the CS app).

1 Like

What are the fees of CS for this kind of account ? 5, 10 15 per month ?

It’s a good deal my friend, trust me :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I was sarcastic, sorry if it wasn’t crystal clear :sweat_smile:

1 Like

why not using the csx? except if you need to withdraw (you pay 2 chf to cash out when you need cash), the rest is so smooth and you don’t pay anything

1 Like

Was there any point to that super expensive bank account, unless you really fly a lot?

2 Likes

Glad I cut my ties to CS almost 10 years ago (although I only had Bonviva Silver).
The sooner you move, the better.

1 Like

Bundles are rarely the best deal. Just compare and find the best-value savings account, credit card, and checking account:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedbacks, yes of course it is not advisable to keep 250k in a savings account, I also have not written it was the case here :slight_smile:

In the past when we could still fly the Priority Pass was quite useful, but today, well… And the “points” for the bonviva rewards were also not bad with this contract (sometime equivalent to 1-1.5% of your spendings), but the situation changed a lot on the market over the years with new cashback cards & co, so yes, if you still have Bonviva, it’s definitely the time to check your options.

I always said that simplicity is better than over optimization…

Personnaly, I’ve recently switched from BCV to Raiffeisen Shareholder accounts. As my girlfriend was already there, now we both have:

• A private checking account (used for 3a, investment, gift, donation) [no debit card]
  • A private saving account [no card]
  • A joint account (for salary, lease, insurance, groceries, restaurant, lunch, etc.) [two cards, one for her, one for me]

And we both have a neon account that we use as a “credit card” for online payment (when Twint isn’t available) and foreign purchases.

Simple, efficient.

2 Likes