Future of Bitcoin

Hah! I think we are not understanding each other. What I am saying is that crypto has nothing to do with CDBC’s in terms of anonymity/freedom. The blockchain registering all past transactions is not a big issue, it can still be completely anonymous if you wish so. CDBC’s the opposite, 100% traceable and impossible to deidentify from your real identity.

Finite is probably the wrong choice of word, especially for currencies, @1000000CHF wording of „limited“ more appropriate.

That said, there is and will be a limited amount of money that’s being exchanged for (demand of) Bitcoin. Unless… Bitcoin itself becomes a primary currency of trade. Which it couldn’t be farther from, unless you look at criminals and a few „shithole countries“ around the world.

Should you underestimate the creativity of developing nation to come up with (also unorthodox) solutions to their everyday issues? Definitely not.

But one crypto punk president in Middle America isn‘t going to drive the worldwide adoption of Bitcoin.

1 Like

Alright, I understand what your position is and had misunderstood it at first. I highly doubt it would/will really play that way but I’ll respect the effort/belief.

A paper found that I think :joy::joy::joy: do you have more science like that? I check directly on chain…

Exchange wallets are well identified and usually excluded from this analysis, actually it does not “change hands” most of the time within an exchange, that’s why most don’t allow user to user transfer (like kraken and Binance I think)

I trust more him than you but even if he’s wrong - it doesn’t matter because Bitcoin is still not usable as money due to volatility and there’s nothing that can fix it. End of the story.

But that’s the whole point of Bitcoin, you don’t need to trust me, or a journalist, an economist or a government. You verify everything directly on chain. All my data are from the chain directly. You can interpret the data differently, but the data is correct.

That should be a game changer for someone like you who claims to be libertarian.

Download a wallet that supports the lightning network and I send you $1 directly from my node, and then we discuss how this is not magical internet money

1 Like

Why do propose 1 USD and not a (fraction of) BTC?

3 Likes

Yes exactly.
Try to buy 1 btc and send it to your own wallet. You’ll feel what it means to hold for real an asset that no one can take you and which is really yours when you’ll verify 10 times the adress and feel the adrenaline when you click.
That’s the difference between virtual and digital.

Because the US dollar is money and BTC is a speculative asset.

For that, I prefer to hold my gold and silver coins. Feels better than a bitcoin wallet.

1 Like

Silver no.
Gold, maybe. But hard to move. Or to burry in your garden if you have one.
Or to mail of you need to give to someone far away.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say there. I’m talking about buying/selling Bitcoin on the exchange when I say “change hands”. I agree that on-chain analysis does not include this activity (for a large part it just can’t), but to me that just means that you can not possible have any data to prove/disprove that 90% of transactions are trading/gambling. It’s just an estimate based on publicly available, but not verifiable data (such as trading volume).

1 Like

I don’t think anyone care tbh, in most wallets and exchanges you can input both.

Let’s play a game, I send you a dollar over the lightning network and you send me a dollar worth of gold (or silver), and we compare experience. Okay?

The lightning network visualized :

Its organic nature is :exploding_head:

1 Like

Let’s play a game - we check volatility of gold or inflation -linked government bonds and Bitcoin to compare them as a store of value and we check Revolut/Twint and Bitcoin to compare them as a payment system. And we compare experience. Okay?

1 Like

But that’s the point: Most payers - and people in general - want to trust someone.
The don’t want to irrevocably send money to an anonymous (wallet) number.

Also: they don’t trust themselves to handle cryptographic keys as the sole means to control one’s financial wealth.

7 Likes

That was my problem too. I only started speculating on Bitcoin when Swissquote started offering crypto investing.

Very good and important one, and how bitcoin mining can be beneficial for the environment

It is already to monetize esg surplus and to decrease flared gas (methane)

1 Like