Future of Bitcoin

1. This would be Germany.
    Photovoltaik Steuer: Auf Eigenverbrauch Steuern zahlen? - Finanztip
    So if you use the energy completely on your own, you are still good. For now. Lets see in 5 years, when the state needs more money for “corona” or some other placeholder.
    I mean it is ridiculous, just seeing how complicated this article is about such an easy topic. It shows you that german beaurocrats have nothing better to do.

2. Regarding tax.
    For a lack of mention in the forum as of now, a possible fair tax is already around:
    Georgism - Wikipedia
    Land value tax - Wikipedia

Has been around for ages, was proposed by multiple Nobel prize winners and still is not even mentioned in todays politics. Probably it is too easy and complete and cannot be used against the population or for the power advancement of the government.

Which makes me think that crypto tax is just their next victim, sadly. Also the talked-about international minmum taxation of IT companies is becoming way broader than expected. First it was Facebook and Google, now it is about every company that has >750mil revenue. So “industry giants LOL” like Huber+Suhner – Wikipedia with 4.000 people will also be hit.
Wait 10 years and it is international minimum taxation for natural persons.

Actually, I forgot I am not bullish on Bitcoin. Here’s why:

TLDR: Bitcoin is slow and has expensive fees. “Lightning” network, Coinbase etc are just layer 2 components, which is what regular money used to be for gold (until it detached from it). It does not offer privacy and is not fungible.

Now, time to figure out how I can buy some Monero… not possible via Coinbase. Any tips?

Binance

1 Like

You could always mine some XMR with for example software such as https://xmrig.com/ :upside_down_face:

Putting LN and centralised exchanges like Coinbase in the same basket is quite a bold statement.
In order to open a channel on the LN you’d need to deposit some BTC in a wallet first. This initial deposit transaction is validated on the base layer and acts as a limit on the amount of funds that can be exchanged on the layer-2. I have a hard time to see how one could be able to create more “paper Bitcoin” with this system.

On the opposite, exchanges like Coinbase could indeed create more paper Bitcoin if they really wanted to. But they could do the same with XMR, DOT, ADA or any other coins.

I don’t actually know how lightning network works. But the transactions are not stored on the blockchain, right? You trust some entity that it will eventually put your BTC in your account on the blockchain. So maybe it could somehow cheat you.

If you are interested here are some infos about

All on chain indicators are very green :+1: act accordingly.

The mempool is pretty empty too, it is a good time to move your btc to cold storage at a lower fee.

I would exercise caution given the upcoming likely “sell the news” event when MicroStrategy announces how many Bitcoin they acquired for the 500M$. Which means they stop buying for now (they filed a form S-3 “Shelf offering” to sell more shares to buy Bitcoin but that will typically take 30-45 days to be approved).

In February they were done acquiring Bitcoin 3 business days after the debt was raised.

There are Monero ATMs but of course the fee is extravagant. https://coinatmradar.com/city/63/bitcoin-atm-geneve/

Otherwise, localmonero: https://localmonero.co/

Maybe, but I think the risk of Monero being banned is quite high and it would probably be much cheaper after such a ban.

You can get Monero on Kraken.

1 Like

Warning from UK regulator

1 Like

In the meantime Back to 50k

1 Like

I hope you guys enjoyed a few months of dirty cheap bitcoins :+1: let’s see where this run will take us.

I’ve been DCA on BTC, ETH and CHSB since June and now I’m green and making money since the 1st of August :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hey guys, I have a quick question.
What would be the fastest (and with reasonable fees) way of buying 400$ of BTC/ETH using CHF?

Thanks!

I’m mining since ~3.5 months. CHF 320 in electricity costs, currently having ETH/BTC (65%/35%) worth CHF 1’720.

Still not sure what to do once my net mining income reaches the initial costs of the new computer. Maybe I’ll just keep it in Coinbase…or sell it and invest it in ETFs.

Kraken - You can send CHF and buy BTC/ETH using CHF.

You will find a lot of information here

1 Like

The fastest way would be to charge your revolut account with your credit card and to buy crypto. Almost instant.

But I wouldn’t recommend using revolut for crypto. Kraken would be my choice. You just have to wait a day or two for your transfer to get through.

1 Like

Thank you both! Goyero and aroom