Future of Bitcoin

Just in, from their financial report:

The largest e-commerce company in Latin America, MercadoLibre just added #Bitcoin to its balance sheet.

“As part of our treasury strategy this quarter we purchased $7.8 million in bitcoin, a digital asset that we are disclosing within our indefinite-lived intangible assets.”

I guess they were not fan of the hyperinflation in their country.

1 Like

Only metal plan for now (beta test with limited withdrawals) but still huge for the adoption

3 Likes

What the hell was/is this? :rofl:

Ah the famous strong hedgehog signal!

5 Likes

dipped a bit

1 Like

ARK‘s Cathie Wood joins 21 Shares AG (abba, abtc)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-10/ark-s-cathie-wood-backs-european-crypto-platform-joins-board

1 Like

Do we have to expect a massive correction like her currently ETF :upside_down_face: ?

4 Likes

Interesting: the EU puts a foot into the crypto world:

Elon’s tweet:

I’m not buying it one bit: fossil fuels consuption for Bitcoin mining was already a big issue when Elon decided to get Tesla into Bitcoin, yet, Bitcoin prices are falling. I’ll never get what gets into the head of crypto traders (as opposed to true believers, which I can understand, though not for Bitcoin itself).

2 Likes

There is no rational in Elon’s behavior, in the same day he pumps dogecoin which is a fork of Bitcoin that uses… Proof of work…go figure.

3 Likes

This guy should get his internet access confiscated :rofl:

6 Likes

That’s why he did his starlink project, in case someone shut his Internet down :joy:

8 Likes

I only see these four reasons, either:

1. Tesla are complete amateurs who did not do any due diligence
  2. It’s a good old pump & dump
  3. They are launching a Tesla coin
  4. They are launching a pack Tesla sunroof + battery + mining ring

Pick your choice

5 Likes

My theory is they needed something to pump their earnings and Bitcoin looked cool for that. Now they’re betting it won’t suffice, so are dropping it, only to pump up some other crypto which they’ll then try to ride for a bit.

Another option is that Elon has faced more backlash than he’d liked for getting his EV company into a fossil fuel consuming business, so he is now correcting the course.

That there are people to take Elon or Cathie Wood’s official communication at face value is making me sick.

4 Likes

This seems pretty clearly the reason to me. If you are a Tesla investor you are investing in a green future (at a hefty premium) and should rightfully be pissed off if the company engages in such environmentally costly mediums.

3 Likes

Coincidence?

2 Likes

I guess there is no coincidence, Elon had a very different opinion just a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Tesla said it stopped accepting bitcoin for now.
Tesla didn’t say it will sell its bitcoins or other cryptocurencies. :face_with_monocle:

:moneybag: :building_construction: :portugal:
Cryptocurrencies meet Real Estate meet Portugal

Energy Web Token did well today.
https://energyweb.org/technology/token/

I suppose Elon, Jack et al. are already working on a solution to the p.o.w. carbon emission issue.

You are absolutely right, he actually says “Tesla will not be selling any Bitcoin”.