Future of Bitcoin

Don´t understand nor share the discussion about BTC being valuable in 50 years. Actually also I do not care at all. I see Crypto as a hot investment vehicle that is booming and in a bull phase.

Everybody “beliefs” in this without questions.

And here is the loss of the USD purchasing power in the past 100 years.

BTC overtook Tesla in the market capitalization ranking. So whatever Crypto is or will be, it is already really big - probably too big to fail globally.

1 Like

Some people claim BTC is a store of value similar to gold. If you don’t care about that and are just trying to ride the price upwards in a “hot” phase that is a different assumption

Not sure what your point is with the chart?That USD depreciates due to inflation is known, it doesn’t mean that it’s a problem so long as the rate stays reasonably low and is predictable

No, but we do have a Celsius account and think it’s absolutely amazing. Rates are mostly better than Nexo as far as I know. If governments don’t end up shutting it down, it’s going to eat the banking system for lunch. Our money is finally earning something instead of sitting in a bank account. And they are VERY transparent about how much money they make, the only difference to a regular bank is they give 80% back to the customer. CEO is Alex Mashinsky, who essentially invented VOIP and a bunch of other things.

+1. Those claims all look so scammy. I can’t figure it out.

Same with some of the stacking scheme like Cardano that is supposed to reward you without you taking any risk. If anybody has interesesting ressource on such subject I’m all ears.

Because the general practice in crypto land is full collaterization + auto-liquidation by the house. Which mitigate the systemic risk aspect that these gamblers create.

6.2% inflation in the US in October, a +0.9% increase vs September which was already +0.4% (so more than double). If you are into fire this is a disaster in the making.

Good luck everyone, I am sure the skeptics will soon learn about sound money, aka bitcoin. Game theory is at full speed now.

Fire using crypto staking rewards, liquidity mining and crypto loans could make more sense :grinning:

1 Like

It all makes sense to me, yes, but I believe the starter of a good FIRE strategy is to have part of your savings in Bitcoin.

2 Likes

Or for every allocation strategy in general, yes.

70k is imminent, thanks to inflation?

Considering the on-chain data analysis (funding up, supply down), I would not be surprised to see a +10k daily candle before the end of the month. We were at $69k already on Coinbase an hour ago.

Yes, I do agree. Probably first a pull-back to late 50k and then it run quickly higher.
One BTC runs… it runs hard. See below past examples per month.
May 2019 +62%
Aug 2017 +66%
May 2017 +66%
Nov 2013 +451%
Oct 2013 +61%
Mar 2013 +181%
Feb 2013 +63% etc

Why? This would impact people keeping their wealth in cash, which is not what the FIRE movement advocates

2 Likes

Why :thinking:?

Because if you are already very frugal and lean but what you purchase costs more and more, that’s certainly a bad new for you, no? Because your twelve month rolling spending average will continue to increase time over time, etc.

I don’t see how it could not be a problem if the spending base line you have is increasing. Without mentioning your pension plan that is melting over time.

7% inflation = - 50% purchasing power every decades. That’s huge, even for the most keynesians of us.

If you don’t think it is that bad, you can check the Chinese inflation as well (hint: it’s bad)

The average inflation in Switzerland is something around 2.3% over the last 70 years, nowhere near 7%. Why do you take the US inflation rate to argue about increased spending in Switzerland? Makes no sense.

I know, I’ll trigger a lot of crypto fans now and I’ll regret doing so :rofl:
I repeat again and again, historical performance is no indicator for future performance. What makes you so sure that Bitcoin will not halve its value next week? Any fundamental data to back up your claims?

2 Likes

Switzerland had basically zero inflation in the last 10 years.

1 Like

Keeping ones money in stocks protects one from inflation. So not that much to worry about, I guess.

2 Likes

Yes, plenty, on-chain data analysis are your friends. I posted a few analysts I personally like in a post a few weeks ago.

Let’s see! I am sure you only buy made in Switzerland and you won’t be impacted by the price of fuel, chips, consumer goods, online services etc. coming from abroad. Not even talking about real estate or rent, these have “barely” changed in Switzerland (/sarcasm).

What happens when the Fed raises rate?

1 Like

Gipfeli will cost the same all is fine

How is on-chain data analysis fundamental data? That’s basically the same thing as reading charts for stocks, nothing fundamental about it, at maximum this can be considered as technical analysis.

I don’t have a car so I don’t care about fuel, I almost exclusively buy food made in Switzerland. The only online service I pay for is Spotify, that barely makes any difference. As a frugal person I don’t really consume a lot of goods anyway. My rent hasn’t gone up in the last 10 years, actually the opposite, I was able to reduce the rent twice due to falling interest rates. Could you please explain how US inflation rates are relevant for the Swiss real estate market?

Can you please elaborate what the impact of US inflation rates is on a Swiss person that holds cash to cover his monthly expenses?