Fundsmith Equity Fund

Thanks for those links. You’re right, the sector neutral is also ACWI (including emerging markets) and I see that it holds 600 stocks vs the World having only 300.

Time to lobby for a Quality World ETF then?!

1 Like

uh sorry… wrong link xD

here is the non acwi → https://www.msci.com/documents/10199/f22aa42d-3d6b-478e-a4e4-26d56428ede4

(from March 2023)

I feel silly for doubting it…

3 Likes

Some of the “sector neutral” ETFs actually used to track the vanilla, “non-neutral” index, before changing to tracking the sector-neutral index.

The people are crazy indeed… +17% due to yesterday night Q4/23 reporting…

I have a 355P expiring today, if I knew that I’d have sold higher ! :rofl:

…and promising dividends :wink:
+19% when I started typing, +20% now. r/WSB this way →

Nice pump from my 100/pop in October '22. :money_mouth_face:
Shame (as always) I only got a handful.

Does anyone know what happened to the quote price listing on Yahoo? It has been divded by 100 today :astonished:

Changed from pennies to pounds ? In spite of what is written above the chart…

1 Like

Probably but something does not seem right…

I use Yahoo finance daily. There are often glitches in their quotes and very often currency errors.

Aha could be the case yes, let’s see tomorrow if anything changed.

The world is back in order today, Yahoo finance shows the price back in pennies. So hurray 1000% increase in price :rofl:

Think it’s a peculiarity of the British stock market to show prices in GBX, ie pence. That and driving on the wrong side of the road, putting carpets in bathrooms, using two taps (one freezing cold, one scalding hot) etc.

It’s funny reading all the complaints about FS buying FB/META :smiley:

I’m also not a believer in the investment in the metaverse paying off in the near term (or perhaps even in the long term). However a lot of the AI spending was not just metaverse, but also in capabilties not related to metaverse but their core business.

Luckily, I did buy the dip. Sadly, I sold too early. “Do nothing” is indeed the most difficult part of investing. Never interrupt compounding early!

1 Like

Thank you for posting the 2024 Fundsmith meeting: very informative as usual.
I am invested in Fundsmith and Smithson plc (SSON), in a roughly 8:1 ratio but I am planning to slowly increase my holdings in SSON to a 4:1 ratio over the course of 2024.
Is anyone else considering SSON here?

I hold SSON in a 3:1 ratio, but I’m putting new savings in Fundsmith, currently too much small cap for my taste. And performance of SSON was also crap the last few months/years :upside_down_face:

I bought twice some SSON around 2 and a half years ago but not pleased with its performance. So I was actually planning to sell it as soon as it is back in the positive. It would have been much better had I invested this money directly into Fundsmith.

I am sorry and please don’t take it personally, but I won’t even start on how many psychological biases I see in your post… :roll_eyes:

1 Like